WooHoo! Performer Lime...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonnie Mac

TVWBB Fan
So the ole Bday is tomorrow. The misses has surprised me with an order to Crate & Barrel for a lime performer!

I would have been very happy with some new socks, or even a blue performer... But she somehow saw me eyeballing the lime version.

So I think I'll keep it simple this weekend and grill up some burgers...

So add me to the list of performer owners!

Happy Birthday Lonnie! I can assure you that you will just love your "lime green" Performer. I have had my lime green performer since 4th of July weekend, and it has become the grill of choice in this household.

Now I am considering selling all of my other Weber grills, except for the WSM.

Lonnie
Happy B'day, I have had my lime green model for about 18 months or so, I thought it was a special model. I love the colour it blends in well, though I do keep it covered when not in use.

You will enjoy it.

Regards

Update!

So I have never had a grill this nice! I figured my very first run would be something pretty easy like hamburgers. These are the best I have ever eaten! Seems like I have a bit to learn with the temp control but that is to be expected. My first run was with Kingsford lump. This seems to be pretty beautiful stuff by the looks. I used one chimney full of lit using the gas assist. The temp shot up and pegged past the 550 mark! It took a bit to bring it down a little but this seared my burgers just fine!

So I cooked the burgers, a min or two on each side sear, and then indirect to 160 internal. Damn they were good...

Didn't take me long at all to eat. Went back out to put on some brats and the grill was down to 100, damn near the outside temp yesterday. The lump had spent from start to finish in about an hours time at the most. Maybe I over-fired the lump or something during startup. I fired up a chimney of regular K and it burned for HOURS at 350...

Anyhoo, I am MOST pleased with my new grill! I have NEVER had it this good!

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

Lonnie I have the exact same Performer, and I just love it. However, looking at the picture, and JIMHO your using way to much lump! If you are doing indirect and using the charcoal holders you really don't need to fill both of them all the way up.

Awesome grill isn't it?

Agreed! Itsa lota lump!

I guess I wanted to make sure it worked!

Yes, indirect, no holders. I just heaped it up on one side. I am not sure that I will really like the holders but I will give them an honest try before letting them sit over on the grass where my WSM cover lives!

I guess too though, the fast burn of lump surprised me as I have only used K all my years. I will give it a better honest go before I give up on lump too. I really wanted to get into using it over K in the performer if anything just so I could start pitching the ash in the yard...

Ahh... That was the VERY last of one of my cream ales. Man I have to get to brewing again. I am down to no homebrew now. Just 20 gallons of mead and cider! (And a few gallons of cyser or two!)
icon_smile.gif

There is no doubt that this smokin and grillin thing is getting in the way of my drinking! (Brewing)

The burgers were the best that I have ever cooked for myself at least. I kinda followed one of the burger videos from the barbecueweb...

That green is pretty cool, Lonnie. I'm jealous.

How did your wife find that and what other cool colors are out there?

What a way to break in the Performer! Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning when those sweet burgers on onion buns are done! Great looking grill and nice job on the meal!

G'day Lonnie

Hoped your birthday was a blast (err..figure of speech only i hope).

I also have a green Performer that I bought March this year but mine is a lighter green.

It's called Sage green (or so they say) and blends in with the greenery real well but not to the point where i can't find it LOL.

Arn't they an awesome machine eh, one of the best investments I've ever made.It'll certainly be getting a good workout this coming summer here in Sydney Aust.BRING IT ON I say!!

By the way...those burgers looked awesome....gotta go..tummy is grumblin'

Cheers

Davo

Lonnie, it appears in the first pic when you were lighting the coals you had the bottom air vents totally closed. Intentional or oops like I have done many times?

Lonnie, You and I are in the same boat sort of. I've been brewing for about three years and never had the problem of running out of my tasty brew until I got my WSM this spring...Now I've been forced between a rock and a hard place and buying beer so I can play with my Webers.
BUT, I did take a vacation day last friday and whipped out ten gallons of APA and ten gallons of a Belgian Wit.....AHH can't wait, they are fermenting away nicely at 64F.

I've found that lump burns alot hotter and faster than Kingsford.

I've had a full charcoal ring loaded with Kingsford roll at 220* for almost 22 hours straight.

Haven't done a long cook like that w/ lump, but the 14 hour butt cook w/ RO Lump didn't look like it would last that long with the leftovers in the ring after I pulled the butts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back