All hail AMIR!

Rob F.H.

I just had to mention that I ordered a WSM 22 and just discovered the the whole Automatic Temperature/blower sub-culture.

I have been smoking for about a year now on a Brinkmann, which is a piece of crap, at least my model. It has no draft vents and maintain temperature on that is like trying to pass a stimulus bill in congress!

I recently read about 20 posts, regarding the whole DigiQ II vs. the Stoker and realized they are both very good, but decided the Stoker is the way to go if you want more options. I also think Amir's program is what did it for me. Thanks Amir. Also let's not forget Ken and text meassaging.

I think I will receive my stuff by next weekend and will be tackling two Boston Butts. I will post pictures of the event good or bad!

Again, thanks to everyone, from the newbies for asking the questions and to the "seasoned" guys for coming up with answers and software.

Boy, you scared me. Usually when someone hails me that way, something is broken
icon_smile.gif

As mentioned, welcome to the club. I trust you will enjoy the cooking as much as the food with the new toys. Sometimes when I get bored, I start up stokerlog in simulation mode and just watch it do its thing! (NOT!
icon_biggrin.gif
but it is fun to see it run).

Thanks, its nice see the camaraderie in this forum, not to mention in "Automatic Temp Control Systems" section I am very excited to begin my first cook on my brand new WSM 22 and my Stoker. And by the way, I have started up the stokerlog in sim mode and watched it go (no Joke). Again, thanks to all.

Back