TelTru

Rick Soliman

TVWBB Pro
Over a year ago I posted how my TelTru was reading exactly 25 degrees below my ET 73. Well I finally figured it out. It was the 2.5" stem. That stem only works if you are 3"-3.5" over from the center of the handle. After putting a 4" TelTru in that location temps are now withing 1-2 degrees of each other.
The old 2.5" has been re-mounted 3.5" from the handle and is working fine.

Rick, where was your thermometer before in relation to where it is now? And do you happen to have a picture of your current installation?

I just got my 2.5" stem teltru, and was about to install it when I came across this post.

Thanks.

Hey Rick, I'd also be curious to know the thermometer location you speak of. I have been having the same temp variances and have a Teltru with 2.5" stem mounted on the opposite side of the handle, the same distance from the handle as the vent. Wondering if this is the same location yours is at.

Yes Rick,

More info please. I have a 2.5" stem Tru-Tel that I have not yet installed and also found your post while looking for others info on installing one. I too was planning on mounting it in the lid opposite from the vent.

A Picture would be great!!

Thanks

I have the Tel_Tru with the 2.5" stem mounted on the dome across from the top vent. The only thing I use my ET 73 for is to monitor meat temps and so far have had no issues at all. I think as long as you temps hover in the 225 to 250 range or higher, your fine.

I ceased using my TelTru and instead rely on the dual probe Maverick to provide both meat and grill temperatures.

Back