Lookin' for a dry rub...

Willie (Green Bay)

TVWBB Member
Ok, basically i am looking for a powdered form of BBQ sauce. The closest thing i can think of is BBQ potato chips that you get at the grocery store...like the KC Masterpiece ones.

The idea is that it goes on dry, obviously, and as the fat renders off it liquifies that rub and gives it that BBQ taste right from the get go, but doesn't burn like it would if you put bbq on at the start of 10hr cook.

I don't know where to even begin with something like this.

Make sense...or am I crazy?

Willie, funny you should mention this. We have a local brand of chip called Grippos. Their BBQ chips are to die for.Since I couldn't get the recipe for their BBQ coating I thought I'd grind the chips up real fine and use it as sort of a rub.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paul h:
Willie, funny you should mention this. We have a local brand of chip called Grippos. Their BBQ chips are to die for.Since I couldn't get the recipe for their BBQ coating I thought I'd grind the chips up real fine and use it as sort of a rub. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul,

That's funny $hit right there....those were actually the exact chips i was thinking of when i was writing this post. However, i couldn't think of the name, and I kinda figured people around here wouldn't know what those were. I lived in Cincinnati for 10 years and haven't seen them since i moved back here in 2007.

I like your idea if no one is able to figure out the recipe. Let me know how it works out.

Maybe we need to find who the best person is for picking out flavors and send them a bag to decipher!!

Back