Stainless Steel Grates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Zarecky

TVWBB Pro
I just purchased a stainless steel 22-1/2" grate from Weber.

Has anyone else bought one?

How do you like it?

How is it for clean-up?

MikeZ

I got one direct from Weber when they first appeared on their site. I really like it and will probably get another ... before Weber figures out what a great value they are and raises the price
icon_smile.gif
. Actually, I think too much of Weber to accuse them of that !

Paul

Probably not! They are not as shiny as the nickle plated ones. You can tell the difference.

I used my SST grate a few weeks ago at a contest. It really cleans up well. I'll probably buy ones for my Performers.

MikeZ.

I've been using one on my 'upgraded' OTS for what seems close to a year now--no complaints! The grate cleans up nicely and still looks good.

All in all, I think it is a great grate...

Kevin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Freiberger:
Yes, it does have the flip sides. Here's a link to the Stainless Steel Grates

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for the link.
icon_smile.gif

i bought one for my CL rescued bar-b-kettle a year and a half ago and love it. when i got my OTG at christmas i put the grate that came with the OTG on the bar-b-kettle and put the SS grate on the OTG. and i have yet to use the one that came with the OTG
icon_smile.gif

Interesting, it's odd that the hinged 18.5 SS grate is cheaper than either the hinged or non hinged plated steel replacements!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Forwe:
Aren't the ones that come with the Performers Stainless? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No - they are plated steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back