AppleSmokedGrilledLoinChops

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
It's been a while since I grilled up some nice, thick loin chops... I love em so let's do it again. Seasoned them (same as last time) with a little EVOO (hate saying that) and Penzey's Galena Street Rub.
Then added some dry apple wood chips to the hot coals just before searing them for 3 minutes a side... finished them off grillin' em indirect...
I took them off when the internal temps hit 135'F and covered them loosely with some foil to rest.
Meanwhile, (another fancy word I like
icon_biggrin.gif
using on occasion) Liz steamed some asparagus and took the sweet potatoes out of our new oven.
A cocktail or two later, we served dinner very similiar to this.
The loin chops were very moist and veryVERY delicious! Sweet potatoes seem to compliment the pork very well and the asparagus, well....
Anyway, I do eet well.

Thank you for viewing.
icon_smile.gif

Now that just looks awful, heck I just got through with roadside yard bird, foiled corn on tha cob and link sausage and that makes me hungry all over again!

Looks AWESOME!

Talk to me bout the loin chops (other name?) or is it just a thick bone in chop???

Chops look great Jim! Those are on my menu for this week, but will not even come close to looking as good as your's.

Thanks Glenn and thanks to you also Chuck, butt remember . . . looks are keen, but taste is KING!
Yours, Chuck, will be as good!
Enjoy
wsmsmile8gm.gif

glenn . . . i don't know if there are other names for the loin cut, it's what it's called here, in milwaukee, in wisconsin.. it is what i believe to be the leanest and most tender of the pork cuts... a tenderLOIN if you will.... dry if over cooked...
yes, in this cut of pork, there is a bone in it.

Looks like our little talk about pork chops earlier in the week sparked-up your appetite!

Them's some fine-lookin' chops

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">then I can say this about your chops:
Yum-O! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dee-lish!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">then I can say this about your chops:
Yum-O!

dee-lish! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make a sammie with the leftovers.

Jimbo,

Channeling my inner Crocodile Dundee.

That's not a thick pork chop.

img0297edited.jpg

That's a thick pork chop.

Jim

p.s. Is there a reason you don't post your pictures here? I tend to click only a fraction of the links to pictures if not directly posted at TVWBB.

Jim, THAT'S a THICK Pork Chop!
(I hope that's CILANTRO on top! Looks GREAT!!)

pss, I only know how to post a link.

Jim,

You can copy the image location from your Photobucket. Then using the image tool from the top of the reply box, paste the location of the image and press OK. Like this.

DSCN1175.jpg

I'm going to have to teach you to grill your asparagus. That way, Liz will get the night off.

Jim

Ooooooooh, now Wait One Minute There Jim... I know how to grill asparagus.
SHE wanted steamed....

I'll try posting a photo...

Let's See If This Works...
DSCN1137.jpg

Ok, who was it that said you can't teach an old dog new tricks?
Thanks for your help Jim!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back