Most Sought After One Touch Platinum Color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob L:
I would say red. However, I would not mind a "Homer" yellow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have two of each. Keep scoping out Craigslist, you'll find them.

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Freiberger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob L:
I would say red. However, I would not mind a "Homer" yellow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have two of each. Keep scoping out Craigslist, you'll find them.

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did they make the One Touch Platinum in Red and Homer Simpson?

correct, i have never seen a red platinum(i believe red went out prior to the platinums) and obv the simpsons ed was an OTG....
so unless you can grab a red performer or mod a simpsons one i think you are stuck with the more traditional colors...

i have seen a purple/burgundy platinum... thatd be pretty rare... although I like the bright blue platinums myself...
just my 2 cents

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan:
correct, i have never seen a red platinum(i believe red went out prior to the platinums) and obv the simpsons ed was an OTG....
so unless you can grab a red performer or mod a simpsons one i think you are stuck with the more traditional colors...

i have seen a purple/burgundy platinum... thatd be pretty rare... although I like the bright blue platinums myself...
just my 2 cents </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were the purple/burgundy available in the U.S.?

I have seen a burgundy OTG (or OTS... cant remember) in person and have seen pics of a burgundy SS performer on ebay.... the webertimeline pdf document (on their website) shows a burgundy platinum for the year 2000 so i think its safe to assume they were available in the US.....but I cannot imagine they were too popular..... any particular reason you are searching for a rare platinum?

You're right. I didn't read the thread title carefully enough.

Both Simpson grills are OTG. One red is the Performer seen in my avatar and the other is a Master Touch with the thermometer in the lid and the lid holder built in.

Bill

two simpsons OTGs, a red mastertouch and red performer?... what a show off
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan:
I have seen a burgundy OTG (or OTS... cant remember) in person and have seen pics of a burgundy SS performer on ebay.... the webertimeline pdf document (on their website) shows a burgundy platinum for the year 2000 so i think its safe to assume they were available in the US.....but I cannot imagine they were too popular..... any particular reason you are searching for a rare platinum? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curious!!
icon_smile.gif

There was a Blue 18.5" OTP on CL/Seattle for $35, then they upped the price to $50! It eluded my grasp! Not into the OTP's myself, but I'm on the prowl for a Don Marco WSM mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back