Saving mojo

Bob Sample

TVWBB Diamond Member
So I've done the mojo pork/chicken a few of times now and find I'm using up an awful lot of garlic and orange. Anyone see a problem with freezing the marinade after use and reusing it?

i would not, only because <span class="ev_code_GREY">i don't know why</span>.
icon_rolleyes.gif

someone asked me a similar question about other marinades... yes, i use a lot more than i probably need, butt, i would not save it to use again.

Think I'm more just being lazy trying to save myself the 10 minutes it takes to whip it up. Saved in a cold fridge( my beer fridge stays pretty much at 32f to 36f) would it really be a problem reusing it after 1 week? I'd toss it after the second use.

I reuse veggie marinades and save in ziploc bags in the freezer but never do for meat marinades, though it seems you can get bugs like e-coli from either now days. If you boiled the marinade and froze it (maybe) could work but you would also change the flavor profile. I just toss my meat marinades.

I would save a portion of the marinade beforeyou add the meat. It should keep in the fridge for a few days. I would never reuse a marinade that had seen the meat / poultry.

Ray

Back