First Smoke

Eric Mischler

Here is a picture of my first smoke. I used the recipe for the Beer Can Chicken from the website and they turned out great. I used 2 chunks of cherry and it was the perfect amount of smoke flavor.
It was a great introductory recipe for the maiden voyage.

firstsmokechicken.jpg

Hi Eric (and welcome),
They look great and the pic is caption-worthy. Gary says rumba, I sez belly bump.
Congrats on your first BCC.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jon Des.:
Nicely done, and welcome to the forum. The weather must've been a lot nicer over there lately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you, the weather has been cold but no snow like other parts of the state. I have been impressed with how the WSM held the temps. It was in the 30's when I did the chickens.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patrick (Hammy):
Hi Eric (and welcome),
They look great and the pic is caption-worthy. Gary says rumba, I sez belly bump.
Congrats on your first BCC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice job, Eric!

I agree with Hammy, but I'd say it looks like Sumo Chicken.

Thank you for all the kind words about my first smoke. Using this smoker has been more fun than I thought and more addicting than I thought too. I will be doing my 3rd smoke this week on Saturday.

BAM! Nailed it!

Welcome to the site and to a great addiction (er, hobby).

Back