Blue Cheese Cheesecake

Mike Marlow

TVWBB Fan
Got the recipe from a TV program in UK. Have adapted it a little. I think it is worth a try if you like blue cheese. I tried it with Danish Blue, but found the result to strong for me. Enjoy.
Blue Cheese Cheesecake with Sticky Figs

Ingredients
For the cheesecake
250g digestive biscuits (have tried with ginger biscuits, but doesn't work with all cheeses)
90g unsalted butter, melted
240g cream cheese
4 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
200g caster sugar
200g Fourme au Sauternes, or gorgonzola cheese, crumbled

For the figs
225g caster sugar
10 tbsp Sherry, like Pedro Ximenez
6 Figs, quartered

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.

2. Place the biscuits and melted butter in a food processor and blitz to form crumbs. Transfer the mixture to the springform tin and press it evenly around the base and half way up the sides.

3. Place the cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Using an electric whisk, slowly add the eggs, vanilla essence and sugar. Fold in half the crumbled blue cheese.

4. Pour the cheese mixture into the crust. Scatter the remaining blue cheese over the top and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the filling has almost set.

5. Leave the cheesecake to cool, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

6. Make the sticky figs. Put the caster sugar and 6 tablespoons of water into a small saucepan over a low heat. Allow it to simmer slowly until the mixture turns into a dark caramel.

7. Remove the saucepan from the heat and gradually add the sherry, being very careful as the caramel may spit.

8. Return the pan to the heat and bring the mixture back to the boil. Remove the pan from the heat and add the quartered figs. Leave to cool then refrigerate until required.

9. To serve, cut wedges of the blue cheese cheesecake for each person and place on serving plates with some of the sticky figs.

Cook’s notes
French speciality blue cheese Fourme Sauternes is an unpasteurized Fourme d'Ambert that has been soaked in Sauternes wines. You can, of course, try this with other cheeses that you enjoy.

Back