OOOPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

After my experience last night I thought I would start a new support group. Spill The Unfastened Pan Into De Bottom Of Your Smoker or STUPID BOYS for short. To be in this club you have to at least once spilled your water pan into the hot charcoal and made the ensuing mini atomic bomb looking charcoal dust plume. We're not a proud group but more of a support group for people that have done this. We promise not to laugh or make fun ( maybe a little ) and try to help each person get over the embarrasment of doing this. The membership will be kept secret so nobody gets embarrased and the membership list won't be sold to advertisers ( unless we get a good offer ).

Stogie I seen on the BBQ Forum you posted that you had a web page and forum on it could you please post the address. Thanks !

Rodney?
Please sign me up as a charter member! Without filling pages with the problems that I had been having trying to get ready all that day to entertain a new employee and his family and to hopefully impress them with my culinary expertise especially with smoking their favorite meal, salmon , just let me say that at the height of the charcoals readiness and with not a single second to spare and with my guests on the road to my home, I too committed the unpardonable and in my case unrecoverable sin of dumping the entire pan into the coals! Since that experience and after trying to grill the fish on my old gas driven Brinkman whose rusted bottom gave way after 20 minutes into the grilling ,leading me to have to finish cooking the fish by baking , I've learned that patience does have many virtues particularly when it comes to dealing with the water pan of my beloved WSM.
?.John

Rodney, have I ever done that? Well y??.., I can not even print it! Sign me up!

I also learned, during my embarrassing moment, not to place the cooker on my red brick patio. Not very nice. So, I moved the cooker off to the dirt area of the yard and learned that you do not check the meat and place the lid on the dirt. Not very nice. So now, I cook on the dirt portion and now place the lid on 4x4 foot piece of plywood.

Now I will tell you what I did. I removed the cooking chamber from the lower charcoal chamber and attempted to place the cooking chamber (with water pan intact) on the brick patio. Yep, it fell out. Man what a mess. We live and learn and we laugh at ourselves.

Hey Stogie, great site!

Take care and enjoy your BBQ!

Unfortunately I have the required credentials to qualify as a member. I remember that cooking session well. It was the same one when some lit coals from an inverted chimney landed on my foot while wearing only flip flops.

Hey Kevin, looks like a great site!!

Brian

[This message has been edited by Brian Patterson (edited 03-07-2001).]

Yo! Rodney,
Yea I'm also one of those who tried to remove the water pan from an already fired up WSM only to have the thing fall in! Dumb yea, stupid yea, but thank goodness it wasn't too full with water. I was still able to bring the fire up relatively fast and was able to finish my cooking. I thought the food was gonna taste like burnt embers but everything turned out okay except the grease and ash flowing on the outside. Man you should have seen the roaches that night attack the WSM and eat up all the grease! In Hawaii we got these huge roaches, we call em' "B-52's" cause they are so big, and they fly too. We were drinking beer by the WSM after dinner and all of a sudden we started doing the B-52 boogie cause they started attacking us and the WSM. I learned my lesson, don't try to take the water pan out of the WSM or you'll have a huge mess and have a roach convention that night, so Rodney sign me up. Ha, Ha, Ha, Aloha mattd

Stogie that's a great site you have there. I don't know where to start on it, there is so much to look at. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back