New 2006 Weber Q

Jay Yurine

TVWBB Member
Anyone see the new Weber Q with the following features? It was on ebay.

The new Weber Q 300 gas grill pairs a high-performance cooking system and easy-grip handles to form a powerful yet portable gas grill. The Weber Q 300 bolts into a stationary cart (included). The Weber Q 300 gas grill has 2 burners, push-button ignition for easy, reliable lighting, (1) 2-piece cooking grate, an infinitely adjustable burner valve with a high-quality regulator, 2 removable, durable work tables, sturdy glass-reinforced nylon grill frame, cast aluminum lid and body, center-mounted thermometer, large heat-resistant lid handle, a porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grate, and operates on a standard 20 lb. propane tank (sold separately). 2 tubular stainless steel burners, 21,700 BTU-per-hour input, 393 sq. in. total cooking area. Limited 5 year warranty.

I saw it at the Home Depot Expo a couple of days ago. It's a big mother and not really what I would call a "portable grill." For that size I'd go with a Genesis.

Ive seen the Q300. It would probably be a good alternative to the Silver A. It's not portable, but the 2 burner config should make indirect cooking possible, although the food needs to be somewhat small and fit within the circumference of the circular burner. It's probably a great choice for condo/apartment dwellers, singles, and couples if they don't entertain a lot of people very often.

Steak2.jpg

I just added a Q300 to my collection. I've been very happy with my Q120 pictured above and the 8,500 BTU burner does a wonderful job on a Ribeye.

Compared to a Silver A the Q300 has about 1/8 more cooking area (12.3% to be exact.) I'm a cast iron addict and the cast iron grate on the Q are far superior imnho to the silver A grate.

The silver A does win the BTU wars with 26,000 v. 21,700 of the Q300. But as I'm happy with 8,500 of my Q120, I doubt that will be a real world issue.

The silver A has warming racks the Q300 none. But as Cooking Illustrated said so well the best thing to do with warming racks is remove them.

I prefer the cast aluminum construction of the Q to the carbon steel (will eventually rust)sheet metal of the Silver A. In my neck of the woods retail is Q300 $329 and the Silver A is $499 making the Q300 a real bargain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Konrad Haskins:... I'm a cast iron addict and the cast iron grate on the Q are far superior imnho to the silver A grate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
However, a Silver A with PCI grates, is avilable from HD, I believe.

BTW Konrad, you've been getting a lot of new Webers lately - Plat D6 and a Q300 - have you been getting into mamma's butter'n egg money ?
icon_smile.gif

Paul

BBQ Mamma's writing the checks
icon_biggrin.gif

Those are the cheap items, you should see what our new 3000 sq' space in Redmond WA is costing.

Back