Randy P.

TVWBB Pro
1/4 Cup Hershey's Cocoa
3/4 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Stick Butter
2 T. Flour
1 t. Vanilla

Whisk all together and cook on medium heat until thick. Serves 2 -4. It takes a litte practice to get the flour to dissolve and not be lumpy.

This is a great breakfast gravy to go with bisquits, eggs, etc. It's almost a chocolate pudding, just try it once and you will be hooked.

One variation I have changed just because I like it a bit sweeter. One time we were out of Hershey's Cocoa but the kids had some Nestle Quik chocolate milk powder mix so I used it instead and haven't looked back since. The Cocoa is my chocolatey (is that a word?,,Hmmm) and the Nestle Quik is sweeter, try both and see what you like.

Randy

I agree!!! We have it at our house almost once a week, for breakfast, lunch, supper anytime is a good time for me!

Randy

I had this for the first time when I visited Alabama on a youth trip in high school. It would so good, I could have smacked my momma! I remember it being a little thinner than pudding, though. I may have to make some.

I'm fairly experienced making it. You can dissolve the flour in your milk to make it easier. Also, don't hesitate to experiment with different cocoas. You can even get away with solid higher grade cocoa if you do it properly. It's all about varying the proportions of the different ingredients until you find a taste/texture that is good.

I agree Jim. I am not a huge chocalate fan so I like the nestle quik better myself just because it's sweeter and not as much chocalate.

My wife mixes the flour with the melted buter and milk and that doe skepp it from getting lumpy.

Thanks for the upgrades and help.

Randy

Back