Stoker company?

Kevin Perry

Hi everyone...I have immensely enjoyed this forum.

Does anyone know if Rock is still in business? My wife tried to get me a stoker for christmas. She ordered online and paid for overnight shipping. After many phone calls and emails we have heard nothing....anyone have any info?

Kev

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin Perry:
Hi everyone...I have immensely enjoyed this forum.

Does anyone know if Rock is still in business? My wife tried to get me a stoker for christmas. She ordered online and paid for overnight shipping. After many phone calls and emails we have heard nothing....anyone have any info?

Kev </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
1st I've heard of it .. Is this the contact info you're using?

http://rocksbarbque.com/Contact.html

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ken Brown:
Rock doesn't do e-mail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, that's just plain bad business, IMO. Nothing personal against the Stoker group .. The Guru folks are pretty much the same way with email. If you don't do email, don't provide an email address on your website!

Bill
icon_mad.gif

Bill, we all feel your pain. My emails went unanswered also. Then one day the box showed. Wish it was better than this. But it is not. There is just way more work than they can handle in producing and shipping a product.

FYI, someone else was complaining on another forum and called and spoke to them (on new year's eve no less!). They said they had a part that was back-ordered but were about to ship his. So maybe yours in the same batch.

While none of us want to make excuses for them, we all love the product and know that the company is highly ethical in how it treats its customers. So hang in there for now. The results will be well worth it
icon_smile.gif

Amir,

It was Kevin that originally complained, not me.
icon_smile.gif
I was just miffed at the fact that both, the Guru and Stoker folk, provide email addresses for contact info and don't respond to them. Hell, just before Ken's post, I "emailed" Rock to let him know about this post in case the original poster is a troller.

Bill

Oops. Sorry Bill
icon_smile.gif

To your point, I suspect he should move to a web form email. His address has been added to every spam engine by now and he is getting tons of random email with our few messages lost in the middle....

Kevin,

Yes he is in business. I ordered my Stoker Loaded from him about 1 week before Christmas. He is a very nice guy. I ordered my Stoker without telling him the type of blower adapter I needed. I called him to tell him what adapter and he shipped it free of charge! I am waiting for my 2 back-ordered food probes. I will be calling him myself tomorrow. I wouldn't worry, but it would be nice if he communicated to you what the status of your order is.
Rick

Thanks for the help all....definitely not a troller.
icon_smile.gif

I will call again tomorrow and see if I can reach someone. Will post an update as soons as I here something.

I live less than an hour from his shop and on 13 Nov., I dropped by, unannounced, to buy a Stoker. John asked me to come back in an hour and he would have everything together for me. When I came back, he sat down with me and showed me how to hook up the hardware and how to run the Stoker as well as tips on running StokerLog. John is very helpful and makes a great, reliable product, especially combined with StokerLog.

His hours are M-F 9-6 P.S.T.

Update: Well...no personal response, but we did get an email saying it shipped today. He did give a discount which was nice. I am excited to get it but praying nothing goes wrong as the long distance customer service is a little scary obviously.

Back