Smokey Joe Grates

Mark Cormier

TVWBB Member
Due to ignorant security guards at a recent Def Leppard concert, I am missing my Smokey Joe grates (both charcoal and cooking) They dumped by hot coals and dumped the grates at the same time. Anybody know where I can get the set for reasonable money?

Thanks!!

probably you can buy a new used smokey joe on craigslist it will come with grates
icon_smile.gif

Thanks Rich. As you can imagine (and commiserate), this is something a bbq-er should never have to go through. Until I get new grates, my poor Smokey Joe is in the hospital!!!

I will persevere though!
icon_smile.gif

I've had the same smokey joe for 10+ years. I bought new grates I think from amazon for around $7.50. But like rich said you could go on craigs list and get a whole new one on the cheap.

Thinking about it, I only bought a new cooking grate for $7.50. Check out craigs list, you never know what you'll find.

Do you have Target stores in your neck of the woods? Grills are on clearance at the moment. I was in there today and saw about a dozen smokey joe's for $15 each. I thought about picking one up but just went with the 22" kettle.

Hey gang,
Here is the closure on this ... I did hit Target this month and bought a 22"-er for $20.
It was the steal of the century!!! I also tackled the Craigslist in the boston area and I did find a couple of people who were willing to part with them. I ultimately went with a brand new on on Ebay for $22 ... not the best deal on the block, but still puts this one to bed.

-Thanks everyone!!

Back