Simon & Garfunkel Chicken

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
PICTURES

A buddy of mine recommended this recipe from the BGE Cookbook, **** was it good. Put the majority of the rub under the skin and removed the skin when served. Highly recommend!

Originally posted by John Solak:
Great looking chicken. Any idea why its called Simon and Garfunkel?

Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme?
icon_smile.gif

Good lookin' bird, Larry.

Wow Larry, That looks great! That's my favorite way to cook chicken on the kettle...no matter how they're seasoned.

Bravo!

Great looking chicken!!!.........I've been experimenting lately with placing seasoned butter/margerine under the skin (usually a combo including basil/garlic/red pepper) and serving without the skin. The result has been very moist flavorful chicken.

Thanks for sharing.......I'm going to use your spice combo next time I smoke a chicken.

Larry, two questions...

1. was that chicken in an accident? It appears that the leg quarter on the left looks like it either dislocated it's elbow, or you beat the heck out of it.

2. tell the truth, did you cook that bird or did Shawn?

"1. was that chicken in an accident? It appears that the leg quarter on the left looks like it either dislocated it's elbow, or you beat the heck out of it."

LMAO, you know what's so funny is I was stone cold sober when I did that chicken. I think when I was putting rub under the skin I dorked it's leg. And yes, I did it, if Shawn would have done it the chicken would have been in "McNugget" form lol.

well you know I sure will be giving that a try for sure. I may offer some to Mrs. Robinson, as long as Mr. Robinson doesn't mind.
I knew you had done it, I was just busting your chops a little buddy. See ya Saturday/ Now it looks like 23 people brother.

Back