Kevi's Chuck Roast Recipes

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Kevin Taylor on 7/25/2002

--------------
Here are 2 that I have made and they are both very good.

This one is a little unconventional, but is very tasty. Now, I do this WITHOUT smoke(personal preference) and place the roast in a foil pan...this way you have some gravy for the taters. Cook it low and slow until internal reaches 190*F or so. Keep in mind, this is pot roast, not sliceable, but fall apart.

Take one package of each of the following DRY mixes.....

Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
Brown Gravy Mix
Italian Dressing

Combine all the above and coat the entire roast. Depending on the size, you may have some leftover.
Place in the foil pan and then add about 1/2 cup of water or more depending on the size of the roast. You want just enough to cover the bottom of the pan plus a little extra.

Here is the other way I cook beef(this took 3rd Place Brisket at the Minnesota BBQ cook-off last year). I like the rub on all my beef products........

Apply Yum-Yum Steak Seasoning all over roast. Then, slather on some A1 or Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce. Finally, add prepared horseradish. You can let this sit overnight or you can use cook it immediately. Either way, I apply more rub just before coking. Cook as you would a brisket.

Yum-Yum Steak Seasoning

4 tablespoon(s) Salt
2 tablespoon(s) Paprika
1 tablespoon Black pepper, coarsely ground
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon Coriander
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric

PREPARATION:
Mix together and use on any beef.

Makes about 1/2 cup.