Pork Steaks - New Favorite

Mike Gray

TVWBB Super Fan
After seeing so many posts with great looking pork steaks, I knew I had to try them out. Happened upon some in the local grocery store and had them in my cart before I knew it. I have seen them around at times, but they are a bit hard to find in my area.

One thing I learned during this cook is that I'm still a little heavy handed on the fuel. Only a few cooks under my belt with the OTG, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

The steaks

Pork1.jpg

I finally took the plunge and bought some Penzey's seasonings after all the rave reviews on this site.

Seasoned with BBQ 3000 (love this stuff)

Pork2.jpg

Cooked around 300 for 30 minutes a side. Here they are just after the flip.

Pork3.jpg

Finished product, sauced with some Sweet Baby Ray's. Thought I had enough Rufus Teague left, but unfortunately I didn't. One was done with regular and the other with Sweet and Spicy.

Pork4.jpg

They were really tender and the wife loved them! These are now a new favorite in our household.

Pork5.jpg

Thanks everyone for looking and keep all those great ideas coming! I will continue to steal them shamelessly.
icon_smile.gif

Looks great, but I'm more than a little jealous that you can get Pork Steaks in MD and I can't get them in PA.

Originally posted by Jon Des.:
Looks great, but I'm more than a little jealous that you can get Pork Steaks in MD and I can't get them in PA.

My wife and I looked in different stores for them for about 3 weeks before we founds some.

Looks fantastic!! If you can't find pre-cut porksteaks, buy a whole pork butt and have a butcher slice it into steaks for you. I like mine an inch and a half to two inches thick.

Great looking cook Mike! Speaking of stealing ideas, may just have to do what Big Al just suggested. I can get pork steaks, but they are usually too thin to grill.

Great looking pork steaks!!

Doesn't you local grocery stores have a band saw? If they do just buy a pork butt and tell them to slice it to the thickness you want.

Great looking steaks! Pork steaks are actually my favorite meat to grill and the only thing that I sauce while they're still cooking. Try them with a South Carolina or Georgia style mustard sauce. They're fantastic!

Alright you guys....you are all making the best pork steaks! I went to my butcher last week and asked for them....he kinda looked at me funny....what exactly should I ask for?? I ended up with CSR's which were great, but I want me one of these

As others have posted,I also suggested Pork Butt, but they weren't sure....I'm sure they would sell quite a bit if they displayed it....

I'll bring a picture next time as well...

Edit...was able to email pic to my local butcher...they said can do

Back