Burgundy Pepper Spoon Roast

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
My local Sendik's Market had this on sale this past week...
DSCN7970.JPG

Heard of it, never tried it. So i bought it.
DSCN7974.JPG

DSCN7975.JPG

Pre-marinated and wrapped in parchment paper, the instructions were to cook it in a preheat 325ºF oven for 35 minutes.
Then open the roast, loosely cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. 'Sposta be soo tender, you can eet it with a spoon.
Anyway, I did all that 'cept the oven part.
icon_wink.gif

DSCN7981.JPG

Got the 26" OTG set indirect with little Stubb's charcoal going.
DSCN7985.JPG

Probed the roast for a 125-130ºF goal. And on the grill it went.
DSCN7988.JPG

Meanwhile, I cross-cut two halves of a Idaho <span class="ev_code_GREY">ala Wolgast</span>, and using hand rolled butter from a local farmer...
DSCN7972.JPG

...the spuds were placed cut face down on the butter pats in a cast iron skillet and tossed into a 400ºF oven.
DSCN7973.JPG

While that was all well underway, I opened a fine bottle of vino from the fine State of Missouri
missourC_animado.gif
a present from Good Friend Bob Correll
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Thanks Bob! It was Wonderful!</span>
DSCN7979.JPG

Then a salad of Basil, Heirloom tomatoes and Mozzarella with a little Goat cheese was created.
Fresh ground pepper, a touch of red balsamic and some tasty EVOO danced atop it all.
DSCN7992.JPG

Liz added chopped Basil for her salad...
DSCN7994.JPG

Not much later, the roast hit the desired internal temp, so i removed it from the Weber, opened the parchment and tented with foil.
DSCN7996.JPG

After ten or twelve minutes, it was sliced.
DSCN7998.JPG

DSCN7999.JPG

I thought, something is wrong here... butt then i remembered, the meat never really hit the hot grate, so no tan lines.
Butt, boy0boy did it smell GREAT!
DSCN8006.JPG

And it Tasted GREAT Too!
DSCN8004.JPG

I did add a little horseradish atop the sliced beef, butt not needed.
DSCN8005.JPG

I'd buy this again, and grill it again... only like to get some "colour" to the meat. It did look pale.
All in all, a Great and Tasty dinner. From the cross-cut taters and the Basil Tomato salad to the Spoon roast, yeah... Good Stuff!

Thank you for viewing my fun!

BPSR is a new one on me too, but I sure would like to try it, if you will cook it for me!

Very tasty looking and interesting cook Jim!
Nice salad and spuds too!

Glad you like the wine.
Here's to your health!
toast.gif

Everything looks great as usual Jim, I'm sure that roast was tender and flavorful. Very nice.

Interesting cook Jim. Were you able to cut it with a spoon? It looks like a KFC spork might have actually worked.

Back