Flavorizor Bars

T Tills

It seems like my Enamel coated flavorizor bars last about 2 years max. I had to take the girll apart to replace the ignition and knock some of the dust/rust off the burners today and the flavorizor bars just flaking and disintegrating as I picked them up. I just replaced them last year.

Are the Stainless any better? it seems like the enamel ones turn to rust within a month or so.

I keep replacing parts telling myself it's cheaper than buying a new grill, but it's like $75-100 per year on parts, and that adds up to a new grill over time.

Any thoughts?

YI have & have had a Genesis Gold. Yes, 2 to 3 years is about average for the coated flavorizor bars, at least that's what it used to be for me. Since then I've used the stainless bars and grates (the rods weren't available in those days) and I've gotten 5 years or more from them, using the grill 2 or 3 times a week on average.

I don't think I ever averaged $100 per year on parts, though. The first few years I didn't have to buy any parts at all.

If your new grill comes with the coated FBs, I suggest replacing them when they begin to rust, with SS. It's cost effective.

Paul

I've got a Weber S-650. All stainless. It's one year down, and many to go. If those flavorizer bars are trashed next year, I will be here complaining like you've never seen. I don't often buy $2000 grills.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff H:
I've got a Weber S-650. All stainless. It's one year down, and many to go. If those flavorizer bars are trashed next year, I will be here complaining like you've never seen. I don't often buy $2000 grills. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If the flavourizer bars are trashed next year it would be a warranty issue. Don't worry you'll get a lot of life out of them unless you do something dumb.

Only two grand for a Summit 650 you guys are sooo.. lucky. A Summit S650 here is $4,300
My Genesis E320 cost me $1500.00 and i was happy to pay for it.

Regards

I'm in the process of redoing my Weber 950 and am going to go the stainless steel route. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the replacements available from a gentleman on ebay. The concept of a heavier gauge metal sounds appealing.
I had thought about having someone with a metal brake make some up for me.

Back