do you turn off the gas at the tank when not using your gasser?

Pinny

TVWBB Super Fan
do you just turn the knobs off or also cut the feed at the tank itself? does it make a difference?

thanks,
Pinny

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pinny B.:
do you just turn the knobs off or also cut the feed at the tank itself? does it make a difference?

thanks,
Pinny </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Always. Here's a short discussion on why..

Bill

Pinny

I always turn off at the tank. I actually turn off at the tank first. It is a safety related issue. I do not leave gas in a flexible hose it reduces the chance of fire. The hose is susceptible to damage from animals, small children and wives with brooms.

Regards

I always shut the tank off also, it seems like easy insurance and with the price of fuel these days why risk a tank running out?

I always shut off the tank, but never thought about doing that before I turned off the burners. I will in the future - thanks guys.

Ray

I did a post heat up for the first time ever. Dumb.

Came back to cook and my brand new tank was empty. Now for sure I'm going to turn off the tank, then the knobs. For sure!

I think it's time for me to start turning the gas off at the tank! I never thought about it,but after reading this thread,I'm a convert! Thanks guys!

You know, I've always cut the tank off, but never thought to do that before I shut the burners off. Makes great sense, and I plan to go that route in the future.

I dont shut mine off. Although I really should. Obviously, if I were to smell gas when I open the lid, I wouldnt start it. I havenet noticed any leaking.

I don't shut mine off...I leave the tank on so the line remains pressurised...that way I don't have the high flow trip valve problem...ever
icon_wink.gif

Back