Electric SMUDS (mini wsm)

Matt T

TVWBB Member
So to make things easier for the girlfriend and fun for her as well. Im going to makean electric mini wsm using the steamer pot and SJG. I can get a 1000 wat heating element from walgreens for 12$

Ill remove it from its cheap plastic housing and just install the heating element into the base of the SJG.

This way, the element can be removed if i want to use charcoal on it as well.

Ideas? thoughts?

Well, if you can't teach her to cook with live fire, it sound like a good alternative. Be sure to post some pics of you build. Start with the heating element.

LOL, yeah. its not really the fact that she cant learn, its the fact that she is a we bit clumsy!

Electric is just safer and simpler for her! haha

Plus i have always wanted an electric smoker because i dont like the flavor of smoke and charcoal mixed. Hence why i dont use wood chunks when i smoke with lump or briqs. thats why i like electric ones cuz its just pure wood flavor with out any other flavor. haha

thanks

MAC: SMUDS stands for SmokeyJoe Mini Ugly Drum Smoker.

LOL i just watched that last night. haha. however i want to use the SJG as the smoker device because it holds more food. I am actually planning on putting a propane burner in my 55 gallon UDS as teh heat source

Back