Charitable Turkeys

John Frailey

TVWBB Fan
First off, Chris, if this is the wrong discussion for this please move it.
I live in Yuba City, CA and a couple of years ago the local paper did an article about a group of people who got together and did a backyard cook at Thanksgiving and the dozen or so turkeys were given to (fill in blank) for help feeding the homeless and "needful". Unfortunately the article was printed the day after they did it.
I know I would love to participate in an event like this over the Holidays so I guess I am trying to use the power of TVWBB to inquire about events such as this. Any of you connected to any group that does this? Anyone know of any organizations or is it all very local? Anyone want to try to put something like this together? We do National Smoke Days and I wonder if, with all of our connections we can't do something along these lines, or at least help put people in contact with those that do. I know it is pretty localized, but hey, this site reaches a lot of people and places.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wolgast:
That my friend is an awesome idea! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Daniel. I have begun emailing some local organizations to see if they have distribution programs and would be interested. We will see if it gains any traction here.

Back