Finally Pulled the Trigger

T Cooper

TVWBB Member
After about 2 weeks of reading and researching this forum I decided to get the 18.5" cooker rather than the 22.5". I don't think I would really need the full capacity of the 22.5" so I went with the tried and true workhorse.

Placed the order from Amazon a few minutes ago. (Used the link from here,however the link doesn't take you to the WSM with free shipping.)

Estimated shipping date Feb 4 - Feb 17.
January is going to be a long month.

Man! Thats a long wait! You know what they say though, good things come
icon_smile.gif
Your going to love it. Welcome to the forums, see ya around.

Brandon

Congrats on your purchase. You will be very happy with it. My wife got me one for Christmas because she thought I needed a second WSM.
icon_smile.gif

With the thermometer built in & the larger water pan you don't need to do any basic mods. I really like the improvement on the access door. Lets us know when it arrives and what your first smoke is going to be.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

PLEASE send me a link!!! I got the last of my Christmas presents today, and I got enough Amazon gift certificates to get the wsm, even though the price jumped $100 in the last couple months. Now I log on to Amazon, use the link here, and nowhere do I see Amazon selling the 18 1/2 with free shipping...

Originally posted by Robert Terry:
PLEASE send me a link!!! ...Now I log on to Amazon, use the link here, and nowhere do I see Amazon selling the 18 1/2 with free shipping...

Robert, if you click the link for the 18.5" at the top of this page it will take you to the amazon page selling it by "The Great Hardware Store for $299 but if you buy from them the shipping is almost $50. Instead look over to the right of the page and you will see "More Buying Options" Click on the one from Amazon for the free shipping.

In all fairness the one from the hardware store will ship sooner. I am just cheap and my wife is even cheaper.
icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by T Cooper:
Estimated shipping date Feb 4 - Feb 17.
January is going to be a long month.
Congrats on the new WSM, but that's a long wait for someone who lives in FL.
icon_frown.gif
Don't get me wrong, I cook year round on mine, and I love winter, but man it's cold here. Now my good Bud Shawn W, up in Calgary Alberta Canada, that's just brutal up there this time of year, and he cooks year round on his so... Waiting Sux.
icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Bryan S:
...but that's a long wait for someone who lives in FL. ...Waiting Sux.
icon_mad.gif

Yeah "waiting Sux" but it will give me a chance to fight with my Chargriller a couple more times before then. I have a feeling that after I get the WSM it won't be used as much.

In all fairness the one from the hardware store will ship sooner. I am just cheap and my wife is even cheaper.

That hadn't occurred to me...is the fact that I chose the 22" with free shipping the reason it is taking longer? My ship date is still Jan 20-Feb 2. If I change the shipping method will that speed things up?

Originally posted by Justin Toomer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In all fairness the one from the hardware store will ship sooner. I am just cheap and my wife is even cheaper.

That hadn't occurred to me...is the fact that I chose the 22" with free shipping the reason it is taking longer? My ship date is still Jan 20-Feb 2. If I change the shipping method will that speed things up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably not by much.
From the Amason website
"Please note that your order may take an additional 3 to 5 business days to ship out from our fulfillment center(s). Transit time for Super Saver Shipping orders is 5 to 9 business days after shipping."

Of course that depends if they have any in stock at this time. They may have already shipped their supply and waiting on a new shipment to come in.

According to the Great Hardware store page they have the 18.5 in stock so they should ship sooner.

Back