Petite Sirloins

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
The weather has sucked around here lately and it was finally in the 50's here last night so I picked up some petite sirloins and acorn squash.

Cut the squash in half and removed the seeds and added 1 TBS of butter, 1 TSP Honey and a little Wolfe Rub Original. Wrapped in foil and put on the grill indirect at about 350º.
IMG_4322.jpg

Marinated a red onion and some whole baby bell peppers in Zesty Italian dressing.
IMG_4324.jpg

Once the squash was almost done, I added the onions and peppers over direct heat until they had a nice char on them.
IMG_4326.jpg

Then moved to indirect.
IMG_4329.jpg

Seasoned the sirloins with salt and pepper, then dipped into the remaining dressing from the vegetables.
IMG_4330.jpg

Seared the steaks for 2 minutes on each side and they're done.
IMG_4333.jpg

Dinners ready
IMG_4337.jpg
IMG_4341.jpg

My plate, these little peppers rocked!
IMG_4343.jpg

Those sure look good! I'm grilling some steak, potatoes, and jalapeno poppers for dinner right now. My stomach is aching!

Larry,

The weather has sucked up here as well. It broke 40 today and I thought about digging in the garden.
icon_cool.gif
That's a great looking meal. Where did you find those baby bell peppers?

Thanks,
Oak

DeJa VooDoo Larry! Great Lookin' Plate
icon_biggrin.gif

Liz and I had the same last night but tender loins in place of the petites.
Love the Acorn and peppers! A few leftover for tomorrow's "spare" supper.

Great looking plate! I picked up a bag of those peppers because they looked good but when I got home I started to wonder what I'm gonna do with them. I do now.

Looks good as always, Larry. It's been a long time since I did a squash.

Those grill marks are beautiful. I think I am going to finally bite the bullet on them.

It looks like you have a high bed of ashed over coals (lower right) and a hot bed (upper right) for the four steaks. Is that correct?

Looks great Larry. I think the entire population of NVa was grilling on Fri and Sat. I was at Harris Teeter after work on Friday and their charcoal section had been cleaned out!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darrell O:
Larry,

The weather has sucked up here as well. It broke 40 today and I thought about digging in the garden.
icon_cool.gif
That's a great looking meal. Where did you find those baby bell peppers?

Thanks,
Oak </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got them from Martins Grocery store, which is part of the Giant Food family.

Those are some mighty fine looking zebra strips. I sure am glad "Rondo" gave me a great deal on his used cast iron grates! I can't wait till it gets nice enough to grill out.

Nice lookin' cook Larry. That CI makes some purty branding marks
icon_cool.gif

Your pics of various cooks make me wanna put the egg up and use the kettle more often
icon_wink.gif

Very nice looking plate Larry. Those sirloins and peppers/onions look great. Weather is rough up here as well. Good to see the Cowboys, and for that matter, Ravens get their butts kicked this weekend. Oh I forgot, although San Diego really had a great year and should have won that game, Norv Turner losing to the Jets was very nice to see as well!!! I hope Shanahan and the new coaching staff can straighten the Skins franchise back to Championship caliber!!!

nice.........I love Sirloin and my wife loves squash.........a dinner match made in heaven.

thanks for sharing!

Back