Meatball Recipe?

Dave L.

TVWBB Pro
I'm going to my in-laws house for Christmas Eve. Does anyone have a good meatball recipe for a crocpot? It can't be too spicy or I won't hear the end of it.

Like meatloaf the list is endless. If you have a great meatloaf recipe use that. Or are you after Itakian style or Sweedish? You can do sweet and sour (with chunks of green peppers onions and pineapple) which are one of my favorites for partys, along with the sweedish. You can also do BBQ ones, done on the WSM, and reheated in the crock pot, the possibilites are endless. Every recipe can be done in a crock pot. I brown the meatballs in a skillet so they have a nice color and finish in the crock pot. Also BJ's sells froozen ones, Reg, Italian, and Sweedish (I have a bag in the freezer) which believe it or not they are very good. HTH.

The meatballs I'm going to use are the frozen ones from Sam's. I was looking for some kind of sauce to cook them in besides BBQ. Any ideas?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave L.:
The meatballs I'm going to use are the frozen ones from Sam's. I was looking for some kind of sauce to cook them in besides BBQ. Any ideas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
OK what style balls did you get?
Reg, Sweedish, Italian, or Turkey (<shudder)
If you got the Italian your choices are limited, If one of the others then the door is wide open. I did post some ideas above in my first post.
icon_confused.gif

Sauces:
Sweedish
Stoganoff
Sweet & Sour
Orange & Ginger
Terriaki
Apple Butter sour
Orange Marmalade sour
Chili sauce
Curry
Chimichurri
Caramelized onion bechamel
Bernaise

I like useing an enchilada sauce when I smoke meat balls. Its an easy sauce to make.
Enchilada Sauce Recipes

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 2/3 cups water

Directions:

Brown flour in oven until golden brown. In a frying pan with cooking oil put flour,chili powder, cumin, garlic, and salt.

Blend well. Over a low fire, gradually add water, stirring constantly.

If flour begins to lump, remove from fire and stir until lumps are gone.

Then place over the fire and continue adding the water ,little by little.

Simmer gently for about one hour, stirring occasionally

Back