Genesis C- Side burner TOO HOT

Wade G

TVWBB Fan
I just got my new silver C over Christmas. I was excited to try out the sideburner (cooking some potatoes) tonightwhile searing some steaks. Pretty calm night, not much of a breeze. Unfortunately, the side burner seems to have only 2 varying degrees of Nuclear Hot and Super High. I adjusted the knob from high/light all the way to as low as it would go, and it seriously never got below what I would consider medium high to high. On the high/light setting, the flames were licking up the side of my sauce pan!

Anyone know how to adjust the amount of flame, or make it correspond to the knob's setting, at least (where there is a "low" setting)? I'm not expecting precision control like it's a gas range, but it should be closer than this.

any help or suggestions appreciated.

Wade,

When I turn my burner down, the flame is much lower - perhaps you have a faulty valve in your knob assembly. I suggest you call Weber and tell them about your problem, They will most likely send you a new knob / valve.

Ray

Ray
Thanks for the reply. I did actually call Cust Serv yesterday. Their expert advice was to keep using it for a month, and it would go down over time, as grease built up on the assembly- -and if not, call them back. So, I plan to boil water or something over the next few weeks, and call them back in a month if it hasn't rectified.

I really thought there would be some bolt or something to control the flow of gas that I could adjust. Seems odd that there is not. Because I could see a varying amount of flame between what the knob says is HI versus what it says is LO. The problem is that the flame doesn't reasonably correspond between what the knob is saying.

Anyone know of a manual adjustment somewhere in the assembly? Also, I bought it preassembled by Home Depot, so I didn't get knee deep in the assembly directions.

Wade,
I had a similar problem, mine turned out to be a faulty regulator. The gas was being delieverd to fast and it just got worse. I almost burned down my Q.

I ended up just buying a new regulator for mine.

Bob
Is the regulator running the whole assembly (both the grill burners and the side burner)? I thought the regulator was the thing that hooked into the tank itself. Is there a separate regulator for the side burner?

thanks

The Regulator is the part that attached right to the Tank. In my case the main burners are what almost caused the melt down. It was just more noticable at first on the side burner.

Back