Ribolator Flappers

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
DSC00398_r-2.jpg

Since Santa failed to deliver for X-mas, I decided that I would treat myself to some new toys for my birthday! Got the Kettle/Cajun adapter for my 22 1/2.

DSC00399_r-2.jpg

Thinking, what good would the adapter due without something to adapt to. So voila, the Ribolator!
Threw together some wings to marinate while I was setting up the Ribolator.

DSC00401_r-2.jpg

6 wings marinated in Yoshida's (for the wife) and 6 marinated in Frank's hot sauce. Both bunches were dusted with John Henry's raspberry chipolte rub. Hey, it's good and has a pretty good bite to it and my wife Bev was the one that wanted it on her wings since she said it would go good with the Yoshida's.

DSC00407_r-2.jpg

Wings about half way done. It was fairly dark out and my tiki torches didn't light up the area too well, so ended up using the flash on my Sony Point and Shoot. As a side note the Sony is only being used for BBQ pictures now. I have a Nikon D7000 for everything else.

DSC00411_r-2.jpg

Wings are done. I did not put any mop or BBQ sauce on them. I also left them on for about 20 minutes longer than I wanted, since the internal temps were in the 190's. That didn't affect the juicyness and the skin was very crisp.

DSC00414_r-2.jpg

Plated with some fresh green beans. And no this was not the only plate we had. I think there are 2 wings left for my lunch/snack tomorrow. Very delicious and not dry! Think I am going to like my new toys.

All in all I am really pleased with the Ribolator and Cajun adapter. I have seen a lot of pictures on this board and other ones and decided that was for me. I just need to learn how to control the fire a bit better in the kettle. I am used to low and slow with it, but the chicken cooked at around 375 dome temp, which is okay for chicken, but plan on doing ribs this weekend.

Thanks for looking.

Congrats on the new toys! The results look awesome. I may need to see a website about a Cajun bandit/ribolator very soon.

Mark

I didn't read far enough across and just assumed this was a Jim Lampe post. Great looking wings, and congrats on the new toys!

Great looking wings Mike! My CB ring and roti will be here today! Now I think you may have just pushed me over the Ribolator edge! I see there is a discount on the right now.

Been thinking about a Ribolator but think I'm just going to get another rib rack for the 22 1/2"r.
Looks like it just might be to much of a pain in the a** to keep clean especially after saucing or glazing.

Back