My first Tri Tip...last night's supper

Michael Berry

TVWBB Fan
Been wanting to try this cut but they're hard to find around here. This one was from the grocery store and on sale. I don't have any experience with them but they may have over trimmed it a bit. It was about 1.5#....Last minute decision to cook it last night...waited too late to do the ribs...so I used the Silver C....Seared for a couple minutes on each side the about 20 minutes indirect at between 275 and 300. It was a tad closer to medium than I wanted...like it med rare,, but tasted good and tender

Rubbed it with a mixture of kosher salt fresh ground black pepper, paprika, orageno, thyme, garlic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

optional

let it rest for 10 min

served with baked sweet potato and roasted cauliflower

Thanks y'all....maybe I should have named the post Tri Tip Happy Meal...

I need a good thermometer for watching the internal temp during cooks... especially for pork....any suggestions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mk evenson:
That tri looks GREAT. Gives me a Super Bowl idea! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mark are you thinking about the Tri, or the Bourbon?
icon_biggrin.gif

Michael, Check out the Maverick 732. I love mine and would recommend it to anyone. Good looking Tip.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mac McClure:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mk evenson:
That tri looks GREAT. Gives me a Super Bowl idea! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mark are you thinking about the Tri, or the Bourbon?
icon_biggrin.gif

Mac, bourbon has never been my drink of choice, A nice Hendricks Gin should do tho!
icon_razz.gif

Mark

Michael, Check out the Maverick 732. I love mine and would recommend it to anyone. Good looking Tip. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great looking TT, but I'm afraid the Hamburglar drowned trying to get some. I guess crime really doesn't pay.

Back