Weber rotissirie Replacement Motor

herb s

TVWBB Fan
My kettle charcoal rotissirie motor gave out about the time I finished our first Thanksgiving turkey on Wednesday. Had to change plans for turkey #2 Thanksgiving day. Called Weber Wednesday afternoon and a replacement is $44. They only offer the standard WB199, no other options are available.

I was wondering if anyone has replaced thier weber rotissirie motor with something a bit more substantial than the original. I think mine was about 1999 vinage which I purchase used. It looked like it had only been used a couple time if any. I don't know if mine went out because of its age or maybe it was just defective from the begining. What have your experiences been with weber rotissirie motors?

Anyone here have any experience with replacement motors? Is there another brand or is weber the only source? Sure would apprieciate some information on what works and doesn't work.

Thanks,
HerbS

the weber motor is not a bad unit. there are others out there that might be better and are more $$$$$$. but maybe dig into yers and see. i have two and i found that both were headed for issues. one had a loose wire and the other had one of the shafts looking like it was getting ready to sieze. i took both apart and lubed everything up with white grease and tightened things up. so far so good. otherwise i have not read of very many problems with them. i think the real weak point is that one gear is plastic and that might have stripped. if no sound at all then maybe a loose connection.

George, thanks for the tip. I did open it up a couple of weeks ago after it started running loadly. All the grease was dried out so I lubed it up in hopes that would help. I think I'll try one more time and go a little deeper and try to get some oil into the gear shaft too.
At this point I don't have anything to lose.

I will still order a motor so that I'll have a backup.

Thanks,
Herb

Back