Dropped my OTG lid tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony C.

TVWBB Wizard
took a big chunk of the porcelain coating off around the rim that fits over the bowl. at least an inch and a half piece. only had it since christmas too
icon_frown.gif
wonder what the chances of weber replacing it are?

thats a tough one. doubt they will if its yer fault. don't know how picky you are but might wanna consider it war wounds or adding caricature. just keep it oiled or put some high temp paint on it as an alternative.

I would go ahead and call CS and tell them what happened, and I would also tell them how much you love Weber products. I would think that they might replace it, or give you a discount on a new lid. From my own experience they really try to make Weber owner's happy.

I had a similar misfortune shortly after purchasing my performer. When I told CS about the accident the rep said that the grill was too new so she sent me a replacement lid, pronto.

I was in a new Williams Sanomma store yesterday and I told the manager the same story. (They just started handling the Summit 6 burner). Needless to say, she was quite impressed and I did my best to explain that this was representative of the quality of Weber's service. I felt I did my part to spread the word.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary McD:
Tony Please let us know what CS does for you. I am sure that you will be happy with their response. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i still haven't called them. working outside and on rooftops during this east coast heat wave has wore me down the last 2 days. the great thing about being in the HVAC industry is i get to make sure OTHER people are cool...lol

Hey Tony, I had my kettle for 4 months or so. A quarter size paint on the bowl came off. I called C.S. and they sent me a new bowl. I use to do HVAC work...now im freezing at a desk job
icon_smile.gif

well i finally got around to calling weber C.S. i was truthfull and told the guy i dropped it and put a dent on the lip of the top that resulted in a quarter size chip in the coating. he asked me how i dropped it and i said i was trying to hang the lid on the bowl with the little hook in the lid and i didn't get it down on the bowl correctly. he said it sounds like the hook was maybe the culprit and they will send me out a new lid today. i was already a weber for life guy, but now there is no doubt!!!

Tony

That is great news! I can understand about the hook, mine has fell a few times.

Their lids are guaranteed for 10 years. Mine is 8 years old and it is getting rusty, the paint wore away. I called them up and they said they would replace it. I think it helped that I was joking with the Rep that my Wife doesn't understand why I need more than 2 weber grills!

I knocked the lid from my OTS off of the deck railing and it fell about five foot. It didn't take any of the porcelin off but it made the lid out of round. I called Weber's CS a few days later to inquire about getting a new lid and they sent me a new one for free. Weber does have the best CS I have ever dealt with.

Wayne

Tony - great news. And frankly my experience as well with Weber CS. This is huge just for the fact that parts are available here in the US and get to quickly. Add that on top of the great CS and warranty support and it's a real winner.

Another company that does this well is Moen (faucets) and how they support their lifetime warranties.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony C.:
the lid got here today. shiney and new and fits better than the 1st one did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Was that what was in the WEBER box I saw? I tried to swipe it off the UPS truck when the driver wasn't looking...
icon_wink.gif

Nice to see another member from here.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I'm probably too late...but.

Home Depot has a product in the paint department called "Porc-a-Fix" for high temp. It is a porcelain enamel high gloss repair material...goes on like thick paint. It matches the Weber black perfectly. They also have a couple colors that wouldn't work for grills. I used it on my new Performer which had a little nick on its underbelly...it looks fine and will certainly prevent future corrosion. You don't NEED to replace it...a little damage gives it character.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony C.:
the lid got here today. shiney and new and fits better than the 1st one did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Was that what was in the WEBER box I saw? I tried to swipe it off the UPS truck when the driver wasn't looking...
icon_wink.gif

Nice to see another member from here.
wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm on holland road, where in va beach are you?

I was just getting ready to ask if anyone knows of a hi-temp glossy black touch-up for Weber kettles, and along comes Jason! Thanks, bud - I'm going to Home Depot tomorrow!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason Gladstone:
I'm probably too late...but.

Home Depot has a product in the paint department called "Porc-a-Fix" for high temp. It is a porcelain enamel high gloss repair material...goes on like thick paint. It matches the Weber black perfectly. They also have a couple colors that wouldn't work for grills. I used it on my new Performer which had a little nick on its underbelly...it looks fine and will certainly prevent future corrosion. You don't NEED to replace it...a little damage gives it character. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Home Depot didn't have Porc-A-Fix. They had some other brand, but it was in a quart size can. I sure don't need a quart, so I'll keep looking - probably at auto parts stores next for some hi-temp black gloss paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back