Do you consider TVWBB your home site? *****

MKEvenson

TVWBB Wizard
With so many BBQ web sites out there, each with it's own specialty and unique feel, do you consider this site your home site? Hmmm, just what would a home site be?
How about one where you feel really comfortable, somewhere where you can kick your shoes off and rest a spell. I go to different sites for different reasons, there are the competition based sites, the general BBQ sites, the recipe sites etc. For me I just feel like this is the site I check 1st, every day and frequently throughout the day. Some of the others I only get to occassionally when the specific need arises.
So how do you all feel? " Oh no, MR. Bill" He's asking about feelings, must be a calif nutbread, or nut case or just a NUT!"

YIKES!!!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

This is definitely my go to site for BBQ. Kind of a one stop shop full of very knowledgeable folks who are always willing to help. The fact that Chris runs a first class operation without putting up with anybody's B.S. has a lot to do with it. I feel like I've made some pretty nice friends here.

Mark,I found this site through the about.com website. I check that one out most days,but I check this one EVERY day! Spend a lot more time here too.

smiley-eatdrink022.gif
smiley-sleep013.gif
smiley-eatdrink027.gif
smiley-sleep027.gif
smiley-eatdrink020.gif
smiley-sleep012.gif
smiley-eatdrink033.gif
smiley-sleep018.gif

I pretty much eet and sleep here, so yeah, i'd call this home.
Other places have manyMANY rudeDUDES... not cool.

this forum gets a decent amount of traffic. I tried out the primo forum and seemed like there was really only one guy there that was active and a handful of transients.

Sure, other forums might have more traffic, but you end up wading through a bunch of nonsense.

I post on facebook (at Nickel City Smokers fan page) and don't get nearly the same response that I do here. I've considered starting a blog, but again, I doubt I'd get much of a response.

I have no idea why i'm here.

the only other two places i frequent is facebook and gretschpages.com

I seem to go in fits and starts.. get caught up and let it set for a bit.. come back with a couple forks to pull it.. lather, rinse, repeat.

I would definitely call this my home site. I've checked out some of the others. I'm sure they're fine, but everything I need is right here. I've learned more about grilling and bbq-ing since I found this site 9 or 10 months ago, than I had learned in the 25 or 30 years prior. I am here every day, often more than once a day.

Mike

absolutely for sure this is my home. i'm also on the brethren site and thats it. i do have a lot of other sites and blogs on my favorites list but rarely go to them. thanks, chris for my home away from home.

This is the only site I use for all things BBQ-related (and just plain al fresco cooking). All at the same time, I became members of several BBQ boards, but this one is the most interactive, and most informative one of all. Therefore, I have not visited the others of which I've been a member since I started, and have only visited and used this one. This IS my one and only BBQ Authority!!
icon_smile.gif

Barret

This is my home BBQ site.

I'll check out others if someone posts a link or I'm researching something I don't find here.

This is essentially the only site I use. I will visit a recommendation that someone posts here but that is the only time I leave the VWBB.
Ray

In my age group (57) although women use Facebook etc social sites, very few men do. I spend time here , one other outdoor cooking,& on GrayBeard outdoors ( a hunting & shooting site ,a good site no fanatics). I think here we socialize & LEARN at the same time, a good deal!

Yup! When I'm online I usually have 2 tabs open, TVWBB and another that I surf around on(Twitter, Facebook, Fark.com, Craigslist, a few other BBQ sites, various Red Sox blogs, various political blogs, etc). TVWBB is always "on".

There are other bbq sites?
icon_confused.gif

Seriously, the layout and info on TVWBB is just outstanding, as are all of the members!
I check in daily and, being retired, sometimes hourly.

I can just aggre with all that already have been posted.

This is were i spend my online time.

This is definitely my favorite site. I check it often during the day to see whats happening and find out what I can try next.

I have recently started posting at a couple of other sites but this by far is my Home. Its funny though, I sometimes see a member over at another site using a slightly or not so slightly different user name but whom I still recoginize from TVWBB.

Yes this is my home site!

I have learned so much here that sometimes my head hurts. I make a few trips here per day, I don't post as much as I think I should. But I try when I remember to take pictures.

Back