Stacker Questions

I have one - ProQ. I use it occasionally. It works well when I do. Very happy with it.

There are mods here on this site where folks set it up to use upside down. Reason being was that with a lot of use some had a problem with it sticking inside the middle section.

I haven't had that problem yet, so mine is left stock. Otherwise you might just have to be diligent about keeping the bottom lip of the stacker and the top lip of the WSM mid section clean so that doesn't happen.

It's handy to have for larger cooks (obvious). I use mine about 2-3 times over the summer.

One of my intentions was to use it with all the racks removed to hang sausage or whole fish for smoking. But have yet to do that. Was going to buy or make some sort of hook/hanger system for either the lid or just hang from the food grate of the stacker. Have yet to do that though.

Proq also made them for the 27"/larger WSM. So does Cajun Bandit.

For some reason I thought there was someone else making stackers for the WSM too, just don't recall who.

Shaun.....a couple questions:
1) How does this set-up work and what do you it for most often?
2) What mods did you use to get the stacker on the SJP bowl without flipping it over?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
Here's mine.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>I just got one. I notice the setup in your picture (Stacker minus WSM body). I was thinking of using that setup to cook things I usually cook indirect on the kettle, like roasts, turkeys, chickens, brats, etc. It would be direct but farther from the coals, sort of between a grill and a UDS. What do you cook with that setup?

Back