Located 18" weber one touch Platinums

Gregg Howington

In referance to Don Marco "WSM de Luxe" mod which is totaly awsome I found 18" Platinums at CCESHOP.COM Model #461001 for $169 + SH well worth it. If you have a bad back you will love this mod, better yet the new lid fits the old WSM bottom for a great tailgater.Don Marco you da man, sure hope this helps

Not too sure about this site. They don't answer the phone (answering machine) or emails. On the site it states that email is the fastest way to get a response. I emailed them 3 days ago and no reply. Maybe its just me, but I have a hard time giving credit card info to sites like this.

Ken I said the same thing, I finaly got a e-mail and the next day Its showed up took about 6 days I was getting ready to cancel with my card company but it made it

Originally posted by Gregg Howington:
Ken I said the same thing, I finaly got a e-mail and the next day Its showed up took about 6 days I was getting ready to cancel with my card company but it made it

How do you like it?

Originally posted by Gregg Howington:
Check out the first post

Doh!
icon_redface.gif

Any feedback on how fast they ship. Do they have them in stock. I also want one of these so I can mod my wsm.

Feedback please

Originally posted by Jay Rogers:
ANybody else note the blue 22.5 Platinum kettle for $140?

Going by the number that is the OTG not the Platinum.

I emailed and called this company about 2 weeks ago, no response yet. I guess they are too busy for my business.

No its 461001 I ordered another last week and its sitting in front of me.Yes they seem to be a bad company but they sent both of mine within a week. Do a google search weber 461001. I have been useing just the bottom vents for now I made some marks on the ashcan and clean it about every 2-3 hrs and set it back.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Gregg Howington:
No its 461001 I ordered another last week and its sitting in front of me.Yes they seem to be a bad company but they sent both of mine within a week. Do a google search weber 461001. I have been using just the bottom vents for now I made some marks on the ashcan and clean it about every 2-3 hrs and set it back.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the 22.5" blue OTG kettle with a picture of the 22.5" Platinum next to it.

As for the company, I don't care if they are selling them for $1.00. If you won't answer my emails or phone calls, you don't get my business.

It's true, 18.5" one-touch platinum's are still available. mine just arrived yesterday. I took a leap of faith and ordered one from CCESHOP.COM and it arrived in less than two weeks. I love the "WSM de luxe" mod and can't wait to get started on it. I also ordered another bran'new WSM from Amazon (it arrived in one day!) for the project. And to top it off, a Stoker should be waiting on my front porch for me when I get home from work today.

I'll post pictures soon...

thanks for the great lead on the 18.5 otp

Way to go Ive got two set up now. Your back will love you for not haveing to bend over all the time. Definitly do the air vent mod you will get way better results.

Gregg,

I'd love to get a second, but I think my wife is at her tolerance threshold for BBQ stuff for a while... and she hasn't seen my dual Stoker set-up yet. (expected to arrive tomorrow) I'm lucky She dosn't know how much it all costs, approaching $800 and I'm not done yet (WSM $200 - 18.5 OTP $200 w/shipping - dual Stoker set-up w/xtras $350+)

I'm planning on drilling a dedicated hole in the OTP kettle for the Stoker fan, so I don't see the need for the air vent mod. The WSM charcoal grate is larger than the one supplied with the 18.5 OTP, so I put the larger grate in the kettle, marked the level, drilled holes and put bolts for the larger grate to rest on. Having already been through the process, can you think of any other problems I will run into on this mod?

You guys have me hooked on these mods! I'm comtemplating a "yellow Homer Performer" mod. I have an old 22" performer (circa 2002) grill that I use for parts. I was thinking about painting the frame matching yellow, ordering fresh hardware (wheels and such) from Weber, and mounting a Homer into it. Now all I need is a 22.5 Homer grill, anyone have one they can part with? It would be worth it just to see the look on my wife's face! She thinks I'm losing it... and for good reason maybe.

Just ordered one and recieved within a week.
Ordered my New smoker to mount on it from amazon . recieved the smoker one day before the performer. I made one of these 2 years ago . This one will me built with more modifications. When done I will post pictures.

Back