Fair Price for a barely used One Touch Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.Watts

TVWBB Fan
I've just started looking at Craig's List for a kettle, so I don't have a good feel for what the used market is like on these grills.

Is a 22" One Touch Gold, used twice, for $75 a deal or too much? I'm not in a hurry to buy, but I don't want to let a good deal pass either.

I would pay $75.00 for a slightly used OTG. Most of the kettles that I have seen on CL aro OTS, so if you see a OTG for that little I would recommend that you buy it.

For barely used and very clean OTG, $75 is a good price. Can you find one for cheaper? Probably, it might take some patience though. I got a heavily-used OTG in fairly good condition for $25. After an hour's worth of elbow grease, it cleaned up nicely. I think I sold it for $50 when I got a used Performer.

Another way to think of it is getting an OTG for half off after someone else used it a couple of times. Seems like a bargain then doesn't it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B.Watts:
I've just started looking at Craig's List for a kettle, so I don't have a good feel for what the used market is like on these grills.

Is a 22" One Touch Gold, used twice, for $75 a deal or too much? I'm not in a hurry to buy, but I don't want to let a good deal pass either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A good deal? Yes. A great deal no. But it's a good deal at half price.
icon_wink.gif

I got my 22.5" otg black on EBay for $75.00 just so you can compare. You can't go wrong at that price though cause now mine is used too. It's not like much goes wrong with them used or new. Good luck. There a great grill.

I'm in the Charlotte area and use crazedlist.org to search the area for grills. ended up with aused performer for $45 but thats beside the point.

My thought is thats a good price, but take a look at it. If it looks good, go for it. If not, there will be more out there, trust me.

I'll keep you in mind in my searches. I am banned from buying any new grills for a while (I have 2 WSMs, OTS, Performer, Gasser) but still enjoy looking for them

AS an aside, the wife has been on me to get rid of the OTS. If you want to take that until you find a OTG let me know. (and I do mean take for free)

I sold one that was 3 years old and used moderately. I received $65 for the grill and $10 for the cover. So, I think $75 for a practically brand new grill is fine. It's not a deal I would jump all over, but if you're in the market, it's a good price. After I sold my OTG (I had 2) I found an old OTS for $10, including a chimney starter, indirect baskets, and a bag of grass seed
icon_rolleyes.gif
. I just wanted one to cart to competitions, and that fit the bill.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Smith:
I'll keep you in mind in my searches. I am banned from buying any new grills for a while (I have 2 WSMs, OTS, Performer, Gasser) but still enjoy looking for them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A performer would be great...holding off on this OTG in hopes of finding one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Smith:
AS an aside, the wife has been on me to get rid of the OTS. If you want to take that until you find a OTG let me know. (and I do mean take for free) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm...that might be good to hold me over until I can find a Performer. I'll shoot you a note.

Oops...this forum doesn't seem to have a Private Message feature. Jeff, if you read this, shoot me a note at admin AT almostgold DOT com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back