Battle Eggs

j biesinger

TVWBB Platinum Member
Welcome to Kettle Stadium!

(Not sure how the secret ingredient is revealed on the show)

Our first battle is...Eggs!

for official rules read this

The schedule will:
unveiling the secret ingredient on 6/1. One team will be required to post 4 photos on each of the following days 6/8, 6/10, and 6/12, the other team must post 6/9, 6/11, and 6/13. The 4 photo post will be shots of prep and cooking of the three dishes, or of just one of the three dishes. No text will be allowed. Any comments must be from the judges, commentator (if we have one), and fellow board members. On 6/14, prior to 12:00 am, each team must post 3 photos of the three final dishes with explanation. The judges can ask questions of the teams, all questions and replies must be completed by 6/16. Scoring can be completed some time after q/a.

If you are not either competing or judging, you will still have an important role. I purposely set it up so that prep pics will be slowly rolled out with no comments from the iron chefs. That means, just like the show, the commentator, judges and spectators must speculate as to what is going on. As a competitor, I know I'll be looking for comments. This is a little show, so hopefully everyone is entertained.

at this point I bow to the judges: Kevin, Jim Lampe, and JimK and I bow to the competition: Clark, Paul and Rob

time to light the chimneys...

ALLEZ CUISINE!!!!

async

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ALLEZ CUISINE!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And I always thought he said, <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">"Ali Kazam!!!"</span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary H. NJ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ALLEZ CUISINE!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And I always thought he said, <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">"Ali Kazam!!!"</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry boys, it's not either.

"A la cuisine" is French for "to the kitchen"

Close, but no Cohiba
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MacPete:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary H. NJ:
And I always thought he said, <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">"Ali Kazam!!!"</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry boys, it's not either.

"A la cuisine" is French for "to the kitchen"

Close, but no Cohiba
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is what I thought but I looked into it and I am pretty sure he is saying Allez cuisine? Maybe it's a slang way of saying "a la cuisine?"

The Chairman announces the start of each battle with:

"So now America, with an open heart and an empty stomach, I say unto you in the words of my uncle: 'Allez cuisine!'"[4][5]

"There's the Chairman's familiar "Allez Cuisine!" the French phrase that calls the Iron Chefs to culinary battle."
—Alton Brown (Flay v. Tsai)

"Allez cuisine!" (loosely translated as "Go cook!" or "Start cooking!") is the phrase that started battles in the original Japanese series (hence the reference to his uncle, Chairman Kaga).

You're all wrong. Actually, what he says is
"This gig is getting old, and I don't like peppers"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G:
You're all wrong. Actually, what he says is
"This gig is getting old, and I don't like peppers" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My french is not was it used to be, but the right use here would be, AFAICS "A la les cuisines", as it is several kitchens, one for each team?
It's a imperative form of a sentence. There is no trace of the word "cuisine" as a verb in the french language.

The Official Coin Flip, executed by Clark, was heads, which was what we called. We elected to go second.

Clark's team will post 4 prep photos on each of the following days 6/8, 6/10, and 6/12, and my team will post 6/9, 6/11, and 6/13.

There is no text allowed by the teams, but each photo will be listed by dish number, for example: Dish 1 picture 1. That way if a photo post contains prep photos from more than one dish, we all can keep it straight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2 dishes down one to go....looking forward to getting some pics up in a couple days! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the clock is ticking, I'm looking forward to seeing what you put up tomorrow.

Right now the rest of my team has their dishes in their bellies, I haven't even started mine yet
icon_rolleyes.gif

Both of their dishes were shockingly amazing. If your team comes up with similar stuff, this contest will be one for the ages.

Stay tuned folks, Kettle Stadium is just starting to warm up.

I can't wait to see all of the pics!
I keep checking to see if there are any posted.
This whole thing was a great idea!

Aaargh! I had lots of nice ideas with eggs. Now that's taken.

Looking forward to the challenge, and the first round!

Can't wait to see the photos! I'm just guessing that the competion will be very close and I have no doubt that the judges have their work cut out for them.

Best wishes to both teams and may the best team win!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have no doubt that the judges have their work cut out for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you said it babe! i'm MORE NeRvOuS than the cooks/chefs!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I keep checking to see if there are any posted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The schedule is posted above. Starting with Clark's team tomorrow, each day will be new pics until the 14th for the final meal presentation.

Glad there's some buzz. From what I've seen on our end, you're going to see some cool stuff.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Our side is pretty basic but hopefully you all enjoy the pics anyways! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

one thing I've learn from my short time in competition cooking is simply this: you never know what the judges will like.

True actually we have two rules of thumb with comps. If there is sampling and the people like it you're toast, second rule - if you taste it and you like you're really toast!

Lookin forward to getting some good recipes from you guys from this contest!

Clark

Back