Oven roast brisket recipe?

Mark Orth

TVWBB Member
Hi all. A friend of mine doesn't have a WSM and is asking me for recommendations for a brisket recipe. He specifically asked for something like one of our local sandwich places which I think roasts them. I know there are other brisket recipes on the board but I'm not sure what's transferrable to a conventional oven or how things would translate over from, say, a WSM.

Thanks!

Here's my mother-in-law's recipe for oven braised brisket.

Chris

Last edited:
My Mom makes the Coca Cola Brisket that is popular with a lot of people.

Recipe from Cooks.com:

BEEF BRISKET

3 - 4 lb. fresh whole beef brisket
12 oz. jar Heinz chili sauce
1 env. Lipton onion soup mix
12 oz. can Coca Cola Classic (do not use diet)

Mix the onion soup with the chili sauce and then add the Coca Cola. Score the fat side of the brisket. Put brisket in roasting pan and pour sauce on top. Cover and cook in a slow oven (325 degrees) for 3 to 4 hours until meat is fork tender. If you have time, it's good to put the sauce in a container in the refrigerator awhile. Scrape off the fat that forms on the top. Slice the meat and put the sauce on the top rather than serving the sauce separately. Serves 4 to 6.

My Mom cooks a slightly larger brisket fat side up, defats it, slices it, and puts it in the fridge overnight with the sauce in a separate container. She skims the fat off the sauce the next day, pours it over the sliced meat, and warms it up. It's simple but surprisingly very good.

Curious.
Where is the local sandwich place located(State?)
Is it like a deli or BBQ joint?
I did a quick search on Google and you can find both. A deli style brisket or an oven roasted Texas BBQ style.

Tim

Back