Your opinion of new smoker features

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
When we met in September, you expressed some opinions about the need for certain new features like the thermometer or access door that stays connected to the body. Can you share with folks your personal opinion of each new feature of the smokers?

Chris

One thing I noticed, and how many others may have...? I was used to sticking a thermometer in a cork and letting it dance in that one hole of the top vent. Without that in there, the vent was open 1/3 more and I found that I had to adjust it a little from always running wide open.

As for a door like the brinkmann et al... Searching through archives here, very few posts were about the door falling of, getting in the way or really being a problem on the whole. Sure, some weren't fitting, the knob would come loose here and there. But by and large, the door works. Afraid it'll fall open? Give the knob a tug before walking away. The nice thing is that it DOES come off the center ring and can be completely out of the way. Also.. imagine an attached door being partially open and your pant leg catching on it.. bent doors, toppled smokers.

Then cost.. the extra parts and workings of a simple, elegant door is even something to consider.

-Mike

18 1/2" WSM

Back