Top sirloin

Chuck Simon

TVWBB Pro
I made a top sirloin steak tonight for dinner. This has got to be one of my favorite cuts of steak. It is very tasty and also cheap. Tonight I salted the steak about two hours prior to throwing them on the grill, thanks to Bryan showing me the topic of salting steaks. Here is a pic of the steak before going on the grill. Note that I cut the steak so that I can make one part the way I like it, and the other part the way my wife and daughter like it.
CIMG3865.jpg

I did my wife's and daughter's part of the steak directly over the fire, while I cooked mine indirectly. At the end of the cook, I reverse seared my steak. While the steak was resting I poured melted butter and minced garlic over the top of it and let it rest some more. Here is the pic of the steak after resting for 10 minutes.
CIMG3866.jpg

I thought about taking pics of the steak after slicing, but my wife thinks I am weird for taking before and after pics of steaks. I will say that I did like cooking steak this way and plan of doing it from now on. Thanks Bryan!

Chuck, your dinner looks simply FANTASTIC!
...and you know what, your wife will soon get over your habits of photographing your cooks the more you feed her with plates like this one
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Chuck, your dinner looks simply FANTASTIC!
...and you know what, your wife will soon get over your habits of photographing your cooks the more you feed her with plates like this one
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot Jim! I was hiding the taking pics part from her. She found my hidden folder of my pics on the computer. She just laughs, shakes her head and tells my daughter that she knows what I will be doing tonight on the computer.
icon_biggrin.gif

Mighty fine looking steak Chuck!

Dipping a piece of crusty grilled bread into that butter/garlic/meat juice to eat along with the steak is all I would need, no sides required!

Chuck, I agree with you about the great taste/price of Top Sirloin steaks! Nice looking cook, thanks for sharing it with us.

You had to go and make me hungry, I'm a big fan of the reverse sear as well. As far as I'm concerned the sirloin is the undisputed "King of Steaks"!After all it is the only one that has the title of "Sir".

Yeah Buddie, great looking steak, glad it turned out well for you.
icon_cool.gif
A little salt, and 2 hrs out of the fridge, does wonders for an already good steak.
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Bryan S:
Yeah Buddie, great looking steak, glad it turned out well for you.
icon_cool.gif
A little salt, and 2 hrs out of the fridge, does wonders for an already good steak.
icon_smile.gif

You have got that right Bryan! Thanks again for the great tip. This board is so awesome because of people like you that suggest using different techniques.

Back