Pølsefest!

Geir Widar

TVWBB Wizard
Translated- sausage party
I asked a friend of mine what he wanted for christmas, and he answered that he would like to visit and make sausages. I liked the idea, and here are the results.
As usual, click on the pictures for large ones.
February is the best time to make sausages. First of all, it’s freezing cold, and the world’s largest freezer is just outside of my front door. Next, pork belly is very cheap in December, so I usually stock up my fridge. The rest of the year the price can be five times higher or more. Pork ribs are used as a traditional Christmas dinner, so I just try to pick up the pieces that nobody else wants, the ones without bones in them.
As you can see, it’s quite easy to keep everything cool just outside your front door.

No pictures of the grinding, but this machine, a Kenwood, grinds semi-frozen belly without problems. It also stuffs sausages as it should as long as we are two persons to operate it. One to control the actual stuffing, and one person to feed the grinder with a sausage stuffer attachment. it will be harder to get good results if you are alone.

I learned that I will grind some of the mixture with a finer plate the next time, to get a better binding in the mixture. I used the finest plate on some of the four different kinds I made, and they came out with the best texture.
We made about ten pounds of sausages in total. Here’s some of them, before twisting the links.

In the cellar, to dry a bit before smoking the next day.

- Paprika and unions
- Garlic and basil
- Panchetta and garlic
- Jaktwürst from "Charcuturie"
And the last shot- smoked and ready to eat. I have no plated shot, but all four kinds were delicious!

Thank you for your time.

yeah... didn't you say something about a PARTY!??!
When is it and there'd better be some Pølse left!!
Geir, Looks TERRIFIC!!!

Very professional and tasty looking sausages Geir!
I dig your huge freezer too!
icon_smile.gif

That's a nice Christmas present! Think I'm gonna ask santa the same for this year's Christmas...

I've got a birthday coming up in May. I'd like to drop by your place and have a Pølsefest. OK with you?
icon_wink.gif

Truly excellent Geir!

Great looking sausage Geir. I got a grinder and stuffer fro Christmas but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I can't wait to get to it.

Thank you all for your kind words.
I've checked, and it will cost you about 800 dollars from New York.
I can pick you up at the airport in my ancient Volvo!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I can pick you up at the airport in my ancient Volvo! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shall we Say Arlanda @ 13.00? Looks fantastic Geir. And i need to pick up on my sausage skills.

How coarse is your finest grinding plate?

Arlanda? I was thinking more of OSL Gardermoen!
icon_wink.gif

The grinding plate- it does not say in the manual, and the grinder is stored away, but I'd say two to three millimetres.

Back