Weeknight babyback smoke

Mike Mischler

TVWBB Member
Decided to try babybacks using a pretty simple rub (equal parts: salt, pepper, turbinado sugar).

Cooked 3 hours @ 250, then foil wrapped for 1 hour.

May have been slightly overcooked, and rub was kind of "one note" but hey, they were still good. I definitely welcome any feedback. Thanks for looking!
232323232%7Ffp635%3C%3B%3Enu%3D4368%3E%3A75%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3C%3A499569344nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63557%3Enu%3D4368%3E%3A75%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3C%3A4%3A55%3C7344nu0mrj

Looks good to me Mike! I also did a rack of BB last night, but did mine at 350 for 2 hours.. Your's have a lot more pull back than mine did.. As for the rub, maybe add some spice to it for a "second note"
icon_wink.gif

How did yours turn out at 350 deg. Jeremy? Ya, I wanted to see how a "simple" rub worked with the meat, and wouldn't you know I found it too simple.

Looking good! I love just a a salt/pepper rub myself. My wife is a bit more picy and love the heavy rub´s.

Wolgast,

Do you have trouble getting thick enough ribs in Sweden? I've read elsewhere on these boards that European butchers tend to cut the meat off the ribs.

They were tender with a nice bite to them but still quite moist.. I have done them that way for a while and really like them (as does the wife) so I don't know if I could go back to lower and slower for them now hehe..

Those look good, Mike.

You can always use the toothpick/metal probe test. Insert a toothpick, bamboo skewer or metal probe (think shish-ke-bab skewer) between the bones of the ribs. If the probe goes in like it is going into melted butter, then they are done. You can also pick up the slabs with tongs & see if they bend just a little before starting to crack the surface. Those are both pretty good indicators that your ribs are done.

Back