Clamshells

Kris Auer

TVWBB Member
Does anyone know where one can purchase turn in boxes (clamshells) in order to practice presentation? I know you can get them at the warehouse stores, but don't want to buy in that quantity. Any help is appreciated!

Kris, come on by the house, I have plenty. I bought one of those big budles. I have asked at BBQ restaraunts for a few and most have been more than happy. Just buy a big bundle and share with all your friends. They make wonderful Chritmas presents.

Mark

I think the drive might be a little far, my wife might wonder where I went (or maybe not), but I appreciate the offer!

Kris,

I think it was only $8 for a box of 100 at Sam's and similar at Rest Depot.

Although it seems like a waste, we have found a few uses for the extras.

Often times servers at restaurants don't mind bringing an extra box. It seems these days they ask you how many you need and bring them to you.

Trick is finding a place that has 9x9's without the separate wells.

Sam's Wholesale Club has 9" non-sectioned turn in boxes in bundles of 100. They also have sectioned clam shells as well, so be careful you get the ones you need. They were less than $10 for the pack. I keep a few handy at competitions as backups.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I keep a few handy at competitions as backups. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have you ever turned in a box that wasn't given to you by a rep? we broke one of our boxes at our last comp and we had to wait for the rep to get us a new one. I'd think if your box was not the exact same it would be considered marking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd think if your box was not the exact same it would be considered marking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be considered an "unapproved container" and under KCBS rules your entry should not be accepted at the turn-in table. If time allows, you would be given an approved container and allowed to enter a legal box.

If you turn in a broken box, that could be considered "marking" and subject to disqualification based on a subjective opinion of broad authority given to the Contest Reps.

Back