Weber Performer added a Side Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job Jim, it seems to fit in quite well but I was just wondering, those little Gas canisters would not last very long using such a big burner ?
Or, do you have it hooked up to a seperate gas source?

Cheers

Davo

That's just sooo cool
icon_cool.gif

I did remove the charcoal bin. I do have it hooked up to a 20lb propane, which the Performer is going to be hooked to when that bottle runs out.
I got the side burner off ebay
Side Burner

The top cuts easy with a jig saw.

Is there a way that both the side burner and the performer can be hooked to the larger tank at the same time?

Some kind of y adapter?

This is the coolest mod I've seen on a grill in a long time!

Hey Jim - one of the best mods I've seen. Excellent idea and execution! Hmmm, now maybe mount the big tank underneath.

Very cool.

Very nice. I think Im a little jealous.
It would take a custom plumbing job to make one tank work. Basically I would buy an adapter hose for the Small propane tank and a 3/8 Y and splice the 3 hoses using clamps. It would work since the Performer and the burner have there own control valves.

Nice looking mod!! I never thought of adding a side burner, when I needed one I just used my freestanding 60k (30/30) btu double burner camp chef stove. It was a little less expensive (~$80) and you get two burners. Of course I bought it primarily for camping but it makes a great addition next to the Performer.

I do have what will be the fittings to run off one tank.Also create a mount for the tank.The grill looks new because it is.I plan to put the new 22 inch Weber smoker on it.

I can't wait to see it when completed. BTW, what happened to all the extra pics for your 18" model (on your website)?

Bill

I need to find those pics. They got deleted off the web site and I can't find where I had them.I got the 22 today and trial fitted the assembly. A little loose in the bottom. May need a little reshaping like most do when new.
photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back