Does Anyone Know How the Stoker Connects to a One Touch Kettle?

Mike C.

TVWBB Member
I asked this is my last post but it seemed to have gotten "buried" under my other question about router connection.

Does the blower connect at the lid or from the bottom vents? Here's all I was able to find at the Stoker website:

"The adaptor does not require any drilling or tools to install. You can install and remove it from the outside of your Smoker in seconds. The Weber one touch grills require additional air dams. Specify your cooker type when ordering."

That it requires air dams makes me think it connects from below. The guru let's you attach through the lid but I've heard it doesn't work as well as mounting below the charcoal grate. But that requires drilling which I don't want to have to do and it made me change my mind about getting the Guru. If the stoker mounts through the lid does it work better than the Guru is said to work?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A picture is worth 1,000 words. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice pics and a nice setup. Those ribs REALLY looked good. Larry I see you have a OTG in the background there. Are you able to attach to your stoker? If so how?

I also see you have the wireless bridge. Was it difficult to configure?

Honestly I've never thought of attaching her to the OTG. I'm pretty good at controlling temps for short periods of time (less than 5 hours). I suppose you could do it but with a little drilling but for the cooks I do on my OTG I don't see why I'd do it. The cooks that I want that type of long term control over I use my WSM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">on my OTG I don't see why I'd do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only have a OTG so I do all my cooks longer than 30 minutes on it. Like I have a butt I'll be cooking soon and the Stoker would come in real handy.

I had a remote thermometer that I returned because it kept losing it's connection with the transmitter about every 30 minutes. Since I can monitor my temps in the house with the Stoker it seems to me it will be very useful.

I just hope I don't have to do any drilling...

Ah I see, well to be honest with you, the Stoker setup is going to cost you close to $300, I'd buy a WSM, get a $6 clay saucer and get a new remote therm. You'll be very pleased with the control and results. Add a Stoker down the road.

I hear you BUT I am already long since invested in the OTG and I almost never cook more than what I can fit in it. The WSM would just be too much smoker for me and I only have room for one or the other. And I'm FINISHED with remote thermos. But the Stoker is another story altogether. Gotta have it! ...unless I find out it doesn't work well on a kettle.

For anyone's future reference I went ahead and called the Stoker people. They don't seem to answer emails... They said on the OTG you can attach it through a bottom vent hole and the "air dams" they mentioned plug up the other two vent holes. That setup of course makes it so you can't easily use your ash sweep. So just like the Guru you can alternately drill a 1 inch hole in the bottom just above the ash sweep. From Larry's photos it looks like you'll also have to drill a second smaller hole to actually attach the blower.

Back