My Mini can run circles around yours!!

Brian Moriarty

TVWBB All-Star
With my Mini rotisserie ring!
IMG_4359.jpg

IMG_4360.jpg

I found a few steel 15 gallon lube drums with liners and was going to go tall with the Smokey Joe, but the wimpy legs need reinforcement or mods to stand up to the weight.

...So, I cut the top off one and drilled 1/2' holes and made cutouts for the spit, riveted a Cajun Bandit motor mount (the BEST!), crimped the bottom and set it to work!
IMG_4361.jpg

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_4365.jpg

Quick Sear over Mesquite lump
IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

Teriyaki marinated Pork tenderloin with Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin!

IMG_4373.jpg

I have a couple Game Hens thawing and a Whole Chicken marinating awaiting their "turn"!

very nice ! been thinking of something like that. good to see ya beat me to it. i saw a guy here? that used the bottom of the barrel to support the sj in. he cut out big sections of it for air and access to the lower vent.

You are nuts, I like it, but you are nuts!

Brian

PS it's the morning here and after looking at that picture, now I'm hungry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
Very nice setup! What's the story with the BGE used as a hose storage?
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cracked and replaced by the Mothership!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Kolodziejski:
yeah...and the old SS Performer frame with no grill in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually its a 1000 gasser frame with a stainless steel top.
100_1562.jpg

I really like the gaser frame idea. Next time I find one for free I might have to grab it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Moriarty:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Kolodziejski:
yeah...and the old SS Performer frame with no grill in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually its a 1000 gasser frame with a stainless steel top.
100_1562.jpg
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

very cool

Brian, over the weekend I scored a gasser and am going to make a table like yours. Please tell me how you made the paper towel holder. Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
Brian, over the weekend I scored a gasser and am going to make a table like yours. Please tell me how you made the paper towel holder. Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was something I picked up at Fred Meyers (Krogers) in the kitchen dept. Its an L shaped hanger with a mounting bracket.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Moriarty:
Brian, over the weekend I scored a gasser and am going to make a table like yours. Please tell me how you made the paper towel holder. Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was something I picked up at Fred Meyers (Krogers) in the kitchen dept. Its an L shaped hanger with a mounting bracket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Brian, I will look for one similar to yours since Krogers doesn't exist out here. Thanks! I will post the table when it's done. I really just need the top now.

Back