Peter Luger dinner

j biesinger

TVWBB Platinum Member
1) we've never been to Peter Luger Steakhouse
2) we have an out of town guest from NYC that really likes Peter Luger Steakhouse

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to google our way to meal! Not surprisingly, we poached most of the recipes off their menu from various websites.

I started by searing 5 steaks off a rib roast ( here's the other half). I purposely cut them at 1.75", knowing that I'd cook them sous vide.

Here's the steaks at 130*
IMG_3604.JPG

I rubbed them with oil and salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary before grilling. I don't have any action shots since it was dark and I was trying to grill some Peter Luger style, extra thick cut, bacon (which had been cooked sv, and was so tender it was threatening to fall apart with every flip).

the whole mess of meat off the grill:
IMG_3605.JPG

salad course consisted of "Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail" and "Sliced Tomato and Onion with Luger's Own sauce"

We followed that up with Steak, "Sizzling Bacon, Extra Thick, by the Slice," "Creamed Spinach," "Fresh Broccoli," and "Luger's Special German Fried Potatoes"
IMG_3610.JPG

Great looking meal JB and very creative! All you need to complete is this.
2010-07-24%202010-07-24%20002%20008.JPG-Peter%20Luger.jpg

They carry it in the refrigerated isle at meat markets around me. You need to warm it like they do in NY and DO NOT serve cold. Makes steaks taste out of this world!

We're going to Ruths Chris for dinner tonight. I'd rather have your plate.
icon_smile.gif
Nice work, Jeff - looks incredible.

Beautiful. That SV rig is getting a workout lately. Love it all!

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Thanks Everybody, Happy New Year!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Great looking meal JB and very creative! All you need to complete is this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we followed this:
Steak Sauce/Dressing

It certainly wasn't steak sauce, but it made for a cool/different salad, and I made a sauce from the reduced bag juices, wine and butter

That Luger's steak sauce is also KILLER on grilled oysters on the half-shell with butter, worcestershire sauce and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. I put it old cold like a cocktail sauce after the oysters came off the grill. May not have been Luger style, but it was freakin awesome!

Don't mean to hijack the thread - the cook looks absolutely wonderful. I wish I had been there to eat it with you.

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Don't mean to hijack the thread - the cook looks absolutely wonderful. I wish I had been there to eat it with you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hijack away, I've hijacked my share of threads around here
icon_biggrin.gif

I post fishing for a conversation, I could care less what its about.

If i still lived in Toronto i'd SO be inviting myself over for dinner! Another fantastic looking meal JB.

Thanks everyone!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Beautiful. That SV rig is getting a workout lately. Love it all! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Keep this up and I'll be shopping for my very own SV rig soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don and Jon:
the sv rig aint done yet

Back