Spicy Paprika Rub

Makes 9 teaspoons

4 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons coarse salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice

1. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients. Because of paprika’s strong taste, this rub is best paired with fattier foods, including salmon, skirt steak, pork loin, and whole chicken.

Ginger? I was just thinking about ginger today. Wondering how it adds to bbq rubs etc. I guess I'll have to make this one and check it out. You say spicy...hot spicy?

It's not hot at all. maybe because I use sweet Spanish Paprika. If you use the hot hungarian kind it might be hot.
It is very spicy though with only a hint of a ginger taste.

Jim C

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Art R:
Ginger? I was just thinking about ginger today. Wondering how it adds to bbq rubs etc. I guess I'll have to make this one and check it out. You say spicy...hot spicy? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use ginger alot in rubs, especially when I'm doing a Caribbean or Indian type thing, which is pretty often. For the former, I make a lime-based sauce with fresh ginger, and the latter a mango or pineapple chutney also with ginger.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Art R:
Share....would love to see some recipes.

Art R <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Art,

I'd be happy to. Give me a week or so--I'm on the road--but I will when I get back home. My notes are there.

If there is anything you want to try prior let me know. I do lots of variations on a theme, as it were, but I can (re)create something for you.
My memory hasn't failed yet.
icon_wink.gif

Back