Throwdown #4 - Burgers

Gary H. NJ

TVWBB Platinum Member
Greetings all. Let's make this one something we all love. We eat burgers all the time, so let's see the creativity out there. Remember to post an explanation and/or recipe so we understand what went into it.
Throwdown dish: BURGERS! It can be beef, pork, chicken, fish, or vegetarian. Be your most creative, but make it good. Please post up to four prep pics and one plated picture.
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Throwdown starts April 1. Final post day is April 22.</span> We'll set up a poll to vote for our favorites after that.

Can't wait to see this one, may have to get into this one myself.
icon_razz.gif

Allright, I'll kick this one off. Nothing terribly off the charts, but a nice twist on your basic burger night - Nacho Burgers. Prep involves a fresh made salsa, and cheese sauce. Here we go.

Salsa ready to go, just needs a bowl and a stir (not pictured: a little veg oil and red wine vinegar):

DSCN4875.jpg

Mis en place:

DSCN4894.jpg

It ain't easy being cheesy:

DSCN4898.jpg

Oh yeah, this throwdown is about burgers, right?

DSCN4900.jpg

All finished up - here's your plate:

DSCN4911.jpg

I'd give up a steak for a great burger any time and this looks like GREAT burger.

Thanks for getting things going Jim. Lookin' good!
A reminder to all: Final post day is April 22.

Patty Melts.

Turned this...

IMG_0149.jpg

...into this...

IMG_0150.jpg

...then caramelized some onions and fried the shoestrings...

IMG_0151.jpg

...then grilled the burgers...

IMG_0152.jpg

...and plated this.

IMG_0153.jpg

Beautiful burgers Jim & Don!

If I ever do one of these throwdowns, I'll have to post first, 'cause I feel unworthy after seeing posts by the likes of youse guys.

Ok here is my go at it. First I started off by making the bread. Pizza bread to be exact, finally learned how to cook it on the kettle without a stone. A few bread sticks as well.

DSC00561.jpg

On with the pizza sauce, a bowl of pepperoni, ham cubes and black olives. Also a hot sausage patty.

DSC00565.jpg

Now on with the 1lb ground sirloin patty in the lower lefthand quarter. Seasoned it with Weber Chicago grill seasoning.

DSC00567.jpg

Now to finish up on the grill. Put a pizza crust down with the hamburger patty, sauce and mozzarella cheese. Next to it a pizza crust with sausage patty, sauce and cheese. Then finally the last pizza crust with pepperoni, ham cubes, black olives and cheese. Popped the lid on and let the cheese melt.

DSC00568.jpg

On the plate put together with a slice cut out. Bread sticks a pepperoncini. That one burger was a meal for four! Enjoy.

DSC00573.jpg

Looking very good my friends but we need MORE!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
You have until midnight on Sunday to post your burger creations for this throwdown.
Get busy!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Here is a stuffed bacon cheddar and bacon pepper jack burger that I made using my new Burger Pocket Press. We had all kinds of fixins to put on your burger. Kind of like a burger bar, where you pick out what you want to have inside your burger. We had 5 kinds of cheese to pick from, swiss, blue cheese, pepper jack, american, cheddar. Also had onion, bacon, jalapeno peppers, mushrooms, pickles. Everyone loved what the new stuffed burgers. Use the reverse sear method to grill them on the performer. We then topped with your choice of lettuce, mustard, catsup, mayo, more onion, BBQ sauce. May have been the best burgers that I have ever made at home.
I didn't make the burgers for the throwdown.......I just like burgers.

IMG_3773.jpg

Back