Roc City Rib Fest Results

Joanne Macek

TVWBB Member
Well, I survived the weekend at Roc City. There were 124 teams registered for the rib only event on Saturday. 107 were actually judged. (not DQ'd for some reason) The judges were people off the street willing to make a $20 donation to the Ronald McDonald house.

Team Big Bad Wolf BBQ came in 50th in the field. Not the best, but at least I was in the top half. My friends both came in almost dead last. One had tenderness issues. But, the other did not turn in bad ribs. Certainly not enough to justify 106th place!

Sunday I cooked with a co-worker on his homemade rig. It was our first full KCBS event, and boy did we learn a lot! Chicken was our best category with a 25 out of 83 teams. Overall we were 50 or 60 something (he kept the score sheets and I can't remember!)

Now I need to get all the people who were there and took pictures to give me their pictures so I can see what we turned in!

Overall it was a great weekend! Sorry I didn't get down to see you Sean from Jimmy and the Squealers. I did meet your brother during the KCBS team meeting!

Joanne

Back