California > Pleasanton: Dickey's Barbecue Pit (CLOSED)

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
This location has closed. The location in Livermore is also closed.

A couple of retired policemen from Livermore opened up a Dickey's in Pleasanton near the Alameda County Fairgrounds. The food was consistent with my experience at the Dickey's in Morgan Hill, but this one is about half the size inside as Morgan Hill. It's not too bad for chain barbecue.

6654 Koll Center Parkway
Pleasanton, CA

www.dickeys.com

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
Agreed. Though I have not been to any outside of Texas, one of the things I like about them is their side options - not just the typical everything-sweet stuff one usually finds. And, for a chain - for that matter, for a commercial joint - they're not bad at all.

Maybe it was just that I was in the Livermore branch over the holidays and they were slow, but the brisket I had was not good whatsoever. Dry, chewy. Really did not enjoy my experience there. What was even worse though was the Armadillo Willy's in Dublin. Again, I was there at night close to closing, but their brisket was worse than the one I made the other day-my 1st ever-and that's not a good thing.

I don't want to sound like an overall negative person, so....
icon_smile.gif

What WAS good was Gorilla BBQ in Pacifica. Very small and unassuming facility but very tender brisket with some excellent sides. In my mind it's no coincidence that the chain restaurants were not very good and this one was.

I'll admit I'm picky, but I'm going to have to give at least the Livermore Dickey's a thumbs down.

Chris,
We have one in Livermore, OK for fast food BBQ.
When they had the 41 pulled pork Mondays, they were busy. Personally, I like Emil Villas better.
AJ

Back